Lift pumps

lazerdms

Sep 24, 2017
where is everyone buying there lift pumps from is there any brand to stay away from Thanks

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved to General Lift Pump section. Just look/read around in here for a while. You'll start to get a sense what is recommended and whats not.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Most lift pumps have map pricing. So if you get one cheaper then normal you probably won't get a warranty. Fuel Lab and Aeromotive are the best in my opinion but you pay for it.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
That's like asking what oil to use. I have a LBZ and a lmm both with an air dog 4g. Is there a preference? No. It's just for simplicity when ordering filters and parts. I'd like a Fuelab but I already had the air dog.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Kennedy or fuel lab. I did kennedy because there where no fuel lab kits out yet and Kennedy has a nice kit.

Is anyone making a fuel lab kit yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
air dog and fass are last on my list.... As mentioned above you will get a 100 and 1 answers for this.

That said I have a BD flow max on my truck that was a warranty repair/rebuild. It is going on 5+ years without a hiccup, at 12 psi. BD and Fuelab are at the top of my list.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I've heard great things about Kennedy, personally I have 80K on my Airdogg 165 and it hasn't skipped a beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Curious why you guys are selecting lift pumps that don't have the filtration like ad or fass ? Really what's the point? Specially if you have to add a in-line filter after your lift pump ..doesn't make sense someone please elaborate

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Curious why you guys are selecting lift pumps that don't have the filtration like ad or fass ? Really what's the point? Specially if you have to add a in-line filter after your lift pump ..doesn't make sense someone please elaborate

I went with Kennedy because it came with the pickup tube upgrade, and has a nice plug in harness. I know lots of guys run pumps with the stock straw, but after seeing how small the factory one is, I'd never NOT upgrade it.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Because it was cheaper than an AD/fass and had the same end benefits. That's why I chose it. A filter as part of the unit or added in line is also the same end effect if set up properly.

The single Kennedy unit with a fws and a filter saved me two hundred beans off the fass/ad.