Let's see it Newly

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
guess I wont post times up here anymore wow. I posted it on some other forums and it went fine. oh well. things sure to seem to get under peoples skin sometimes.

Yea, kinda funny cause you posted the times up everywhere else first then i asked "what about DD?" You were like "no, not yet. Should i?" I told you "yes" but i have no idea why i even bothered to have you post.

oh well. I LOVE IT:hug:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Yea, kinda funny cause you posted the times up everywhere else first then i asked "what about DD?" You were like "no, not yet. Should i?" I told you "yes" but i have no idea why i even bothered to have you post.

oh well. I LOVE IT:hug:

If you were not such a douche, people might have less to say:rolleyes: Good times, good numbers, your still an a$$ hole!!! :thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Newly is the one trying to (and claiming he can) catch up to me - I'm not trying to catch up to his slow time. Why would I put 22s, subs, hard tonneau, and street tires on my truck then drive it so many miles to see "how slow it is"? Like you pointed out it's the 50 fastest Dmax's not the 50 fastest at 6K feet. Without racing at 6K feet above sea level I still know that my truck will outrun his. And I never mentioned fuel only, he can bring the spray - hell it'll make it more fun to beat him with the same size turbo on fuel only. Friendly competition is and always has been what keeps racing alive, if everyone got on here and patted Newly's back for running 11.8 on a fully built 3.0 truck what inspiration would he and Mike and ATS and all the other people that built his truck have to make it faster? I didn't even mention that we went faster on the shakedown passes from a low budget build with a bunch of used and stock parts thrown together and an A5K - pulled the tailgate and ran it on 265-75 generic worn out ATs on PYOs and still ran 11.5 @ 119, then 11.41 @ 120 with some tuning tweaks. He's less than half a second faster than Tom's stock turbo LB7 on fuel only. This isn't trash talk, it's me trying to get Newly and Mike to get the full potential out of his truck so I have someone to compare to since our builds are very similar. No more elevation and set-up excuses, get their sh*t together, set the truck up and race it - I don't care if you were "bumpin' the Backstreet Boys through your 12s and rollin' on duece dueces", I care how fast you went.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm tired of seeing 13+ second trucks make the cover of Diesel Power when I know they have the parts to be running low 12s.

Why is my name always dragged into these? :rofl: I agree about the "pretty" trucks that run like shit that are featured in the magazines. I hate that.

Frankly, this sounds an awful lot like how people treat Jamie (goalnight) about his truck...they cant believe he doesnt really care how fast it is..he just wanted a high-hp truck, so he gets ridiculed.

But, bottom line...you all remember those guys who drive Dodges? They're the real enemy. Lets turn our collective wrath on them.

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I call out everyone in this thread

lol but Team Newly need's to cool it. This is the internet, no need for foul language and whatnot hah. But seriously Dustin stated many of time's he was not trying to start a fight, so why did it have to end that way? You guy's kill me, yall get soo worked up about this kind of stuff. Learn to let stuff go

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
EVERYONE!!! There have been several warnings about personal attacks and language in the callout/smacktalk threads. Let's keep it civil. :cop:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Wow this went in 5 directions way too fast....

I guess some people can't take friendly competition from anything other than much slower cars and trucks that they street race and post all over youtube. Can't handle it when someone challenges him to do better. I didn't want this thread to turn into personal attacks, it's not just Newly that throws them out but from what I see him calling a few people retards was the first of it, and then afterwards his comments remained the most personal of anyone's.

Newly, to be honest I'm pretty sure I can take my time getting to the track to get that 10 second slip and it will still be before you. But never the less my new intercooler is on it's way to replace the stock one that was more than likely leaking at least some on my 11.18 pass. Between that and the fact I got the trans tune dialed in my last time out I'm pretty sure it'll run a 10 next time out, then I'll start getting the engine tune dialed in the rest of the way. After that I have to decide if I want to leave it as a high 10 second daily driver that can still tow with, or if I want to spray it further into the 10s, or if I am willing to sacrifice some of it's towing abilities to step up to a bigger charger and go further into the 10s on fuel.

Congrats on your article in DP - it goes to prove to me that they are turning more and more into 8-Lug and caring more about the bling than the power. I've seen more and more pumped up "estimated hp" claims, slow showy trucks, trucks that have all the right parts but can't seem to hang at the track, and trucks with all of their big advertisers parts and stickers on them. It was a nice change to see an article on Ed Wayne's truck recently - a plain jane truck, that had been over 1000 rwhp and still does it all, owned by a humble racer that's easy to get along with.

Paint, can't really leave LLY's out of this thread when I am calling Newly out against my LLY. Funny thing is the only insult he has for me is that it doesn't look the way he would like it to - I get plenty of compliments on how it looks and like it though, so I could care less.

So back on topic, let us know when you run times similar to mine like you say it will, and I'll keep letting you know how much further you have to go.:hug:

Last edited:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I love this comment:rofl:

nice how you try and rub this 10sec slip in Newlys face. How many more times do we need to hear about it?

Oh brother, you obviously didnt read past that comment, it was mentioned twice, and you would know why, if you knew how to read. You have no clue, come back when you know whats going on...with anything:rofl:

Last edited: