LBZ: Lbz work truck

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I was around 550hp at the flywheel with my race tune and all I had was a 5 star and an ally jr. Got over 200000 miles on that trans and drove it to the dealer still stock when I traded it in. I don't believe 500hp isn't doable at all with a 6 speed. Not gonna say for how long though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Going to have to find some oversize sprags for my builds. I'll be damned if I can find that pump intake. Post a picture and give me the size you drilled it.:thumb:

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
*sigh*

No way that truck is pushing 500rw on a stock trans pulling that loader around and it hasnt limped. But I guess ignorance is bliss.

As to the original question about the EGR delete....yes, it will help you out, but not without custom tuning or a Fingerstick.
IMO, adding an EGR system to these engines was the single biggest f*ck up that GM did, even worse than the DPF system.
Like I already said. My truck did it with over 500hp to the wheels with a basically stock trans hauling heavier then him. Never limped.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
No it didn't. And what is "basically stock" lmao
Yep it did. No shit. I had a shift kit, ppe cooler, deep vented trans pan. Held up for along time. Just had a stage 5 ppe kit installed on it earlier this month and not because I had to. My stock trans lasted almost a year. So maybe you "duramax veterans" should take it easy maybe take a lap because pretty much anything is possible. I believe the guy who started this thread. Everyone is calling him a moron. This is a huge reason a lot of "newbs " or whatever you call us, don't say anything. Every post people just judge. It's bullshit.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Yep it did. No shit. I had a shift kit, ppe cooler, deep vented trans pan. Held up for along time. Just had a stage 5 ppe kit installed on it earlier this month and not because I had to. My stock trans lasted almost a year. So maybe you "duramax veterans" should take it easy maybe take a lap because pretty much anything is possible. I believe the guy who started this thread. Everyone is calling him a moron. This is a huge reason a lot of "newbs " or whatever you call us, don't say anything. Every post people just judge. It's bullshit.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

The big questions are 1.) How often were you using the 500hp tune? 2.) What tune did you tow on? It is very possible to make 500hp through a stock 6 speed but if you were to ever try and tow on a tune that actually made 500hp you'd last a weekend.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
The big questions are 1.) How often were you using the 500hp tune? 2.) What tune did you tow on? It is very possible to make 500hp through a stock 6 speed but if you were to ever try and tow on a tune that actually made 500hp you'd last a weekend.
Well if you read my previous post on this thread you would know some of these. 1. I don't tow on top tune, I may be a newb to duramax but I'm not an idiot lol. 2. I tow on 90hp tune
3. I never said I tow over 500 to the tires I did say my truck has everything it does now for about a year with stock trans and I use top tune pretty often and if I'm not on that I'm running 120hp tune for every day driving.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
My truck can make over 500hp and has for about a year and I do not baby the truck. Bigger thing here tho is everyone ran the new guy off which isn't cool. In the short time I've been in this little club I've seen it a few times.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
So....... if you guys are making 500 horsepowers how the **** did I trash TWO trans way under that???

LLY would shutter bang and limp if I stayed in it on a 100 horse tune and I fried the c1's on my LMM at 40k miles on a 60 horse tune? Suckas must have magical trans fluid or drive like my dead grandparents.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
My truck can make over 500hp and has for about a year and I do not baby the truck. Bigger thing here tho is everyone ran the new guy off which isn't cool. In the short time I've been in this little club I've seen it a few times.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

What's it tuned by?

Oh well. There's plenty of other places to try and spread stupid shit. This isn't one of them. He can go on Facebook, the level of stupidity on there never ceases to amaze me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
So....... if you guys are making 500 horsepowers how the **** did I trash TWO trans way under that???

LLY would shutter bang and limp if I stayed in it on a 100 horse tune and I fried the c1's on my LMM at 40k miles on a 60 horse tune? Suckas must have magical trans fluid or drive like my dead grandparents.

Because. You have skills

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Efi live by ppei. I drove it like a truck should be driven, used top tune a lot 180hp And drove it every day on 120hp and towed on 90hp for about a year. She held up nicely. Never shifted weird either.

Well I'd agree with Facebook that's why I don't have one anymore. But this is a forum and a lot of people who are stupid come for answers. But I guess oh well.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Going to have to find some oversize sprags for my builds. I'll be damned if I can find that pump intake. Post a picture and give me the size you drilled it.:thumb:

x2 what Mike said.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017

Idk luck I guess. I had good tunes, I geared my truck too for the lift and tires. I definitely don't baby it or drive like a *****.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

5 speeds won't hold what a 6 speed will stock to stock.
I limped my lly lots of times at not near the horsepressure my LBZ was at yet only limped the LBZ it maybe 4 or 5 times.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
5 speeds won't hold what a 6 speed will stock to stock.
I limped my lly lots of times at not near the horsepressure my LBZ was at yet only limped the LBZ it maybe 4 or 5 times.

The lmls don't limp much either but that doesn't mean there's no damage happening.