LBZ: Lbz work truck

bobby.masopust

Jun 16, 2017
I got an 07 LT classic, 2wd long bed, with 220,000 miles weiland turbo, 4" exhaust, Bosch injectors, and some other engine work, it's pushing close to 500hp. It spends it's life hauling a 8000 lb mini excavator, the egr code keeps tripping, is it beneficial to just delete the egr?
97be1b84d2db64f535ef2391398736cd.jpg
c84ba423d7b97ca685a9e6c19edeb9c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
If it is actually making 500hp then your transmission would be fried. If you are towing an 8000lb mini at 500hp you would have cracked a piston by now. How is it tuned? To answer your question, an egr delete is a good idea but you will need a fingerstick or custom tuning so that the code doesn't continue to pop up.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
EGR deletes are for off road or racing use only. Cmon guys you gotta remind the newbies that come on here asking about deleting stuff that's it's illegal for on road use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobby.masopust

Jun 16, 2017
I said near, 500 and an Allison 1000 can handle alot of power especially when you rebuild it with oversized sprags and clutches, larger cooler and drill out the intake on the front pump, and change the rear to 376, I don't Rember the stall speed on the torque converter , this is my other toy it's been dynoed at 525 hp and it has a 350 turbo so dont run your mouth to me....
16c841f4677c9634b34f8165bd4a18cd.jpg

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I said near, 500 and an Allison 1000 can handle alot of power especially when you rebuild it with oversized sprags and clutches, larger cooler and drill out the intake on the front pump, and change the rear to 376, I don't Rember the stall speed on the torque converter , this is my other toy it's been dynoed at 525 hp and it has a 350 turbo so dont run your mouth to me....
16c841f4677c9634b34f8165bd4a18cd.jpg

Your a moron

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Ahahahahahaha. Well thank god we've been blessed with you.

No shit you can get the Allison to hold some power???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
There absolutely no way possible you're pushing that power without quite a bit of trans work and an aftermarket triple disk convert or not to mention a tune to get you to that number. And yes your turbo 350 has 525hp to it. And? Probably doesn't have the 600+ torque the diesel does. Also is a completely different design and transmission. If your truck does have the 500hp you say it does it's pushing 900-1000 lbs of torque most likely. Get a turbo 350 to hold that. If you want help here don't make smart comments in your second post to the sight or you'll never get anything. If you have to ask if an egr delete is beneficial to an engine that probably means you don't know much about a diesel. I mean yeah any engine runs better without egr. But like mentioned here it is illegal.

Not trying to start anything but come on man. That is a very nice 71 or 72 tho

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
My truck is a tad over 500 and my transmission held just fine. I ran it on my top efi tune often, I've got a fairly heavy foot, I tow a 14-15k pound fifth wheel once a month, it's lifted too. Only thing I did to the trans was ppe cooler, shift kit, deep vented trans pan and 4.11 gears. I drove it like that for along time. Even did burnouts here and there, couple races, i wheel it sometimes and again half the time I'm a lead foot with or with out a trailer. Hell I've mashed over passes doing 75-80 so many times lol. Just got my transmission built earlier this month and finally did efi trans tunes to go with it. So Idk maybe I got lucky lol but I definitely did not baby it.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Good god. Stock transmissions that hold over 500rwhp, and rednecks with C10s.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I put a 175 HP PPE tune on my LLY and made it 6 months before I couldn't pass people on a two lane highway because of the sheer embarrassment of a WOT limp on a busy road. I ended up getting rid of it before doing the trans work and I told the guy when I sold it that it needed trans work. He was from Anaheim so I told him about Mike L in Fullerton. Somehow he towed his car with my LLY on a flatbed trailer all the way back to Anaheim from Twin Falls, ID
Sometimes they hold up under a light foot but usually not, anything bigger than a 100 HP tune can roast them OVER TIME....over time

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Ya I knew it might or could be bad deal some how made it. My friend has a 900 something hp 6.4 seen the dyno in person that was before methonal, custom made twins and pumps you name it. He bought some Billy badass transmission right around the time the build was done. I was helping him put the cab back on when it arrived. So instead of installing it we decided to go take the truck out break it in and then just murder the stock transmission(I advised against this) I think the trans had as couple little things done but that is it. And man we couldn't blow this transmission up. This truck would roast tires at a 45mph roll. In a launch I couldn't pick my arms off the seat. He claimed 2gs of force in a 4x4 launch with methanol. Anyway we got bored and put the built in it a week or 2 later.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I put a 175 HP PPE tune on my LLY and made it 6 months before I couldn't pass people on a two lane highway because of the sheer embarrassment of a WOT limp on a busy road. I ended up getting rid of it before doing the trans work and I told the guy when I sold it that it needed trans work. He was from Anaheim so I told him about Mike L in Fullerton. Somehow he towed his car with my LLY on a flatbed trailer all the way back to Anaheim from Twin Falls, ID
Sometimes they hold up under a light foot but usually not, anything bigger than a 100 HP tune can roast them OVER TIME....over time

Those were rated crank hp so like a 120hp rear wheel tune.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Good god. Stock transmissions that hold over 500rwhp, and rednecks with C10s.

Psh all stock trans, motor, turbo, fuel holding 1775hp here. Killing all them dynos bro :spit:

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
In Colorado you have to have a dynoed type smog in inspection before you can buy a diesel truck.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
*sigh*

No way that truck is pushing 500rw on a stock trans pulling that loader around and it hasnt limped. But I guess ignorance is bliss.

As to the original question about the EGR delete....yes, it will help you out, but not without custom tuning or a Fingerstick.
IMO, adding an EGR system to these engines was the single biggest f*ck up that GM did, even worse than the DPF system.

Last edited: