LB7 - LBZ Swap started.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
You re-pinned the pair of orange wires over to the single orange to power the TCM? Remove the round plug on the back of the Trans and turn the key, you get a crank? If that was you that called, sorry I missed it, I was in Kenpo.

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
Tried unplugging harness. No change. Will VATS cause a no crank? I'm trying to locate another pickup that I can swap ecm and tcm with to see if I possibly have a dead ECM or TCM.

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
Found some damage in the harness that connects from fuse box to engine. I was able to read the ecm and log it. Still no crank:mad: Now I need a new harness.

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
Spliced the harness and got it cranking. I was not getting any fuel rail psi at crank. I pulled the fpr off and put in one I had laying around. She fired right up after that:D I also ended up using the 06 fuse box to do the swap and moved the pins in c2 back to the original location. Everything seems to be working. Not a bad job really except I have probably 50+ hours in tracing down pinched wires in my harness and taking everything back apart to swap out the fpr. Now I just have to button everything back up. Special thanks to RPM Motorsports, dbev24, Cougar281, Bryce418, Car RamRod and anyone else I bothered for information to do this.:hug:

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
I swapped in a lb7 regulator I had laying around and it fired right up. I just swapped my original regular back in and the darn thing fired right back up:confused: Oh well it must have got stuck or something.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
I swapped in a lb7 regulator I had laying around and it fired right up. I just swapped my original regular back in and the darn thing fired right back up:confused: Oh well it must have got stuck or something.

My fingers are aching just reading this, congrats! You've been busy :thumb:

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
My fingers are aching just reading this, congrats! You've been busy :thumb:
Ya that has to be one of the most annoying things to do on these trucks:rofl: I found quite a few damaged wires and I am trying to decide whether to get a new harness or just put this one together and run it. I am just glad to have it running. Hope to get it done tomorrow and get to drive it. This project has gone on for over a year:mad: Between trying to find a good motor, getting a junk one and having to ship it back because it was junk. Then rounding up parts and trying to find the time to work on it.