Help: lb7 dsp5 switch/tune not working

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
i added a dsp5 switch to my truck, and did a full flaah and re-flashed in the dsp5 tune and logged it but it doesn't pick up any voltage from the ecm, it did once it was 31v, but all the other times it didn't do anything, logs show no voltage from the dsp and no stage from the dsp.

my high idle doesn't work anymore since i installed the dsp5 switch.

i know i connected it right double checked it as i went along and truck still runs. black 69 red 49.

one thing that crosses my mind, is that when i do a full reflash (big red arrow) its very quick and it really doesent show it loading anything into the ecm when u look at the progress % bar at the bottom of the pop-up, is it supposed to have the progress bar scroll across the bottom like a regular reflash?

anyone got any ideas :dontknow:

The switch shouldn't affect your high idle. Reflash your stock tune and see what affect it has.

To me it sounds like you haven't installed your DSP tune correctly. Once you've installed your DSP tune, you should be able to accurately see the switch voltage using the PID's detailed in the installation document.

At a guess, I'd say that something has been messed up in the conversion of your tune to your DSP tune. Best way moving forward is to give it another shot, or try using Guy Tripp's DSP scripts.

Guy's scripts and a copy of the installation document can be found here http://www.socaldiesel.com/2EFILive.htm

Cheers
Cindy

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
i added a dsp5 switch to my truck, and did a full flaah and re-flashed in the dsp5 tune and logged it but it doesn't pick up any voltage from the ecm, it did once it was 31v, but all the other times it didn't do anything, logs show no voltage from the dsp and no stage from the dsp.

my high idle doesn't work anymore since i installed the dsp5 switch.

i know i connected it right double checked it as i went along and truck still runs. black 69 red 49.

one thing that crosses my mind, is that when i do a full reflash (big red arrow) its very quick and it really doesent show it loading anything into the ecm when u look at the progress % bar at the bottom of the pop-up, is it supposed to have the progress bar scroll across the bottom like a regular reflash?

anyone got any ideas :dontknow:

IIRC, it should count to 1024 while flashing

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
check following
A0142-A0145 set the volt as sujested in the bock. 4.00-1.00V in that oder

Yep, the voltage was set properly in the tune, my best guess is that the late lb7 script was used rather than the early lb7 script........his truck is an 01'

You need to make sure you are setup as the administrator when running Windows Vista. You'll have all sorts of problems with all sorts of different programs if you don't (EFILive included)

Click on the Tune tool icon on your desktop, right click, and select run as administrator, then let us know how you go.

Cheers
Cindy

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
You need to make sure you are setup as the administrator when running Windows Vista. You'll have all sorts of problems with all sorts of different programs if you don't (EFILive included)

Click on the Tune tool icon on your desktop, right click, and select run as administrator, then let us know how you go.

Cheers
Cindy

i just tried that and it worked. only flashed 512kb though