June '23 Chat - Will BBT be in the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I have a farm here in rural Idaho. I might have to double check the creeping death of over-regulation hasn't spread out that far in Idaho before actually doing a sled pull there. We also have Firebird Raceway, a pretty legit 1/4 mile strip, though it is a full hour from the farm.
Looked at that Firebird raceway. $4k for one lane up to 10 vehicles. $100 for each additional vehicle. Seems a little steep unless we get a lot of people to attend

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Looked at that Firebird raceway. $4k for one lane up to 10 vehicles. $100 for each additional vehicle. Seems a little steep unless we get a lot of people to attend
Last I knew it was like 8k for the pulling sled to show up.

It’s not a cheap thought 😂

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I know they did a sled pull in Weiser (small town near my farm) last year. Let me see if I can find out who ran that event and what they would rent the sled for.

I am surprised it is that much for Firebird. When I get my truck back with the compounds (been in the shop since January, oof) I will talk to the staff at Firebird and see what they can do for a full-day rental. It might make more sense that way. Probably still thousands of dollars because you have to pay for the medics, fire crew, track prep, etc. But at least that way we could run all day.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I know they did a sled pull in Weiser (small town near my farm) last year. Let me see if I can find out who ran that event and what they would rent the sled for.

I am surprised it is that much for Firebird. When I get my truck back with the compounds (been in the shop since January, oof) I will talk to the staff at Firebird and see what they can do for a full-day rental. It might make more sense that way. Probably still thousands of dollars because you have to pay for the medics, fire crew, track prep, etc. But at least that way we could run all day.
I think that price was for 6 hours one lane. And like you said, all the medics, track prep, etc

For a 10 vehicle limit that is $400 per person. $100 for every vehicle over 10. So if we get 20 attending that's $250 each. More tolerable.

I think it would be fun to set up something where we could maybe brake it into several parts. Something like practice runs to dial in your truck and for new people to get some tips from the more experienced and practice a few runs. Then a qualifying lap. After that we line up for tournament style eliminations.

We could have points for the winner and maybe bonus points for the fastest per HP (if we where able to get dyno runs before hand). That way even someone not pushing huge HP numbers could get a little boost in points if he drove well down the track.

MPG runs could be calculated by everyone saving their fuel receipts for the drive out to each event location and dividing it by odometer

And for anyone needing to rent rooms at a hotel. I have access to friends and family rates at all Hilton and Marriott hotels along with any of their sub brands they own. In addition any of the hotels that are managed by my employer too. So that opens up a lot of hotels I can get discounts on. Plus I can have our sales team potentially work some group rates for us

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.