January '24 Chat -- Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Happy new year everyone.

Show us what new "toys" you got and tell us any new plans you have for your Duramax this year. Or any noteworthy resolutions or goals you'd like to accomplish. None of this "eat healthier", "go to the gym more often" or" loose weight" cliches everyone does to make themselves feel happier 😝. We want the juicy stuff 😁

For me I'm going to attend one of the local SAR (search and rescue) meetings to see if it's something I can do in my local community to help give back and make a little difference. Hopping they are flexible, allow volunteers with minimal training and don't drop you right away for missing some of the meetings or calls 🤞

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Happy new year! This year is going to start off with a trans build for the Kodiak, and trying to figure out what’s going on with the ‘02. Electrical gremlins and I think a bad transfer case. Transmission does some pretty random stuff, some things throw codes and some don’t.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Out with the old in with the new! I’m taking this advise and swapping the converter in my rcsb for a new Circle D and having the trans refreshed by a different builder. Drop it off tomorrow. Lol.

My resolution is to try and improve on every aspect of my life and spend the maximum amount of time with my family.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Happy new year!

I finally got on the Milwaukee train and wife got me a bunch of 12v tools. Stubby 3/8 impact, 3/8 ratchet, 1/4” inpact and 1/2” drill.

This year, Dmax might get actual mods done to her. Needs more noise and prep for possible compounds down the road. Depends on what tcm tuning can do for the 10 speed.

Before all that, tracker needs the TTB swap done on it. Currently got the new trans ready (had to change output shafts so a jeep tcase can go on it), need to get my buddies 231j tcase, and start rebuilding the beams before I go swapping it all in… well maybe. Might swap it all first.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Happy new year

Nothing really new planned for me. Truck needs some TLC done but that will be all. Once these tires are done for she will get a suspension makeover but that’s going to be a minute.

SXS will be getting some upgrades that are needed for what we use it for also. Tires, wheels and a hefty winch.

Outside of that. The wife and I was talking today about redoing our budget again and focus more on saving and trying to put more money back which I’m game for. The house makeover is 99.8% done and the barn is pretty much done so we can focus on savings again.

Hope y’all had a good one

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
Happy new year to you guys. Didn’t get any new toys for Christmas, but new injectors and a new WCfab coolant tank will be coming soon. Thinking of the banks intercooler as well but have been reading around that they aren’t really worth the money. And Getting married this May, in Las Vegas.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Year end goals?
09 LMM frame swap finished maybe some floor pan rocker replacement done , possible paid off.
79 Malibu, full conversion to fuel injection and coil over shocks, floor replaced, try and hit at least one of the TOTD/BOTD, 421 snake late October with it with couple G-body friends
75 GMC pickup. Dash, electrical, floor, long travel sway bar, swap trans tcase 400/203 to 4L85/241, 1050AAM swapped in

Edit
Also going to try and get my 79 Malibu wagon to either road America and or Mid-Ohio for open track days this year as well

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
First working day of the New Year.. starting great...
Call customer
Thanks for calling us, you may press 0 for operator at any time..
Press 0..
Please leave a voicemail for the operator...
Hangs up, call again
Waits for speech to get options.. press 4 for shipping
I press 4..
Option not recognized good-bye click..

😒🤦🏻‍♂️
How's y'all's Tuesday Monday going 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

At least I didn't have to give myself a self guided tour of their facility looking for someone...
Snowman loading technique isn't usually smiled upon😂

Reactions: 1TRIKHD and Dm23

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
First working day of the New Year.. starting great...
Call customer
Thanks for calling us, you may press 0 for operator at any time..
Press 0..
Please leave a voicemail for the operator...
Hangs up, call again
Waits for speech to get options.. press 4 for shipping
I press 4..
Option not recognized good-bye click..

😒🤦🏻‍♂️
How's y'all's Tuesday Monday going 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

At least I didn't have to give myself a self guided tour of their facility looking for someone...
Snowman loading technique isn't usually smiled upon😂
About the same here... Stupid pile of junk company laptop doesn't want to work this morning...

I couldn't connect to our web meeting, Then when I did, I couldn't hear any one and the built in camera apparently stopped working. After 15 minutes I was able to connect and get it to play audio. But I am not sure why the camera is all of a sudden not being seeing as a connected device any more.

The worst part is you cant get any parts for this pile of junk except a key board and a battery. I couldn't even find a used one for parts when the fan was giving me issues...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Seen this in our hotel parking lot this morning. Is this you Tom? 😛
View attachment 120485
Nope, not me. I would rather drive a truck with its rear wheels attached.

But this does make me wonder what's going on. That's not a Freight tractor, that's package operations. Must be he's ferrying new tractors to the paint shop.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Nope, not me. I would rather drive a truck with its rear wheels attached.

But this does make me wonder what's going on. That's not a Freight tractor, that's package operations. Must be he's ferrying new tractors to the paint shop.
Didn't notice it, but being that the tractor is also a Mack probably means your more than likely correct. All going in to get converted and painted to UPS

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
picked up a bed from down south and replaced the fuel tank crossmember. new shocks, gussets in a couple of places and undercoating.

Attachments

• IMG_5875.jpeg
    IMG_5875.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: malibu795

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
i had a ton of water in fuel a couple of months ago and i blamed BJ's by me. Maybe i/ll give their cheap fuel another shot:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4751.jpeg
    IMG_4751.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.