It's a bubblin'

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
So we brewed a couple batches of beer the other night and it is just popppin away! My "office" has a funk to it!:D

Same wort, different yeast.

Oddly the "Wit" is lighter than the "Saison"..

Yum, home brew!

Attachments

• WIT.jpg
    WIT.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 55
  • SAISON.jpg
    SAISON.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 55

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
It took all day to take it from water and grains to that. As Adam said, it'll be ready in about a month.:D

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
Right now it's very sweet with a good citrus notes and a bunch of hops. The sweetness (sugars) will ferment out to be the alcohol, this patch should be around 6%.

This was our first time doing an "all grain" method. We actually did a "double decoction" to extract all the sugars from the grains, it's way more involved with times, temps, and volumns. A bit of a PITA, but fun..

I'm curious to see how big a difference the yeast will make in them.

:beer

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
We've only had a sample while changing vessels (gotta do that once a week or so).

Good though. Probably come in just under 6%.

Should be bottling one next week. The other needs to mellow a bit, kinda spicy..:D

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
Nope.

My brewing buddy has been slacking..weird work schedule..then sick..

Maybe one day next week. It doesn't really hurt it to stay in the vessel longer, so we don't need to get it out.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Hey, thanks for link, cool site.

Bill.

ya they are quite possibly the site with the most brewing equipment period. I have been to their Concord store absolutely amazing they have everything for beer,wine,and coffee both home and commercial

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
Man, you can sink a fortune into some of the "store bought" equipment..

Everything we use I made.

Our brew kettle is a 15g Bud light keg I cut the top off of- $12

Mash tun is a 50qt cooler that I drilled a hole in and assembled with some various parts from the hardware store. Most of the cost of this was a new cooler. $40~maybe..