Info: I have a lifetime ban from the Diesel Place

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Did you guys see the bypass that 70_z_uc did on his pump setup? It is slick.
I hope he doesnt mind me posting about it here.

IMO, the most "professional" install job I've seen.

On edit: His posts concerning it:

all my fittings/tube & check valve were bought out of Mcmaster Carr Industrial supply catalog www.mcmaster.com . The check valve has a .33psi cracking preasure with a (viton) O-ring. The fittings are Swageloc Stainless compression, and the Tube is 1/2" Stainless. You will need to make a bracket, to move the pump away from the frame 1" in order to do the 180 with the fuel line. I used a 6" piece of 1"x1" stainless, 45'd the ends and capped them.
No flare tool needed, just a cheap ol tube bender from Napa.
1-5182K166 (90)
1-5182K135 (1/2npt x 1/2tube)
2-8239K97 (tee's)
1-7775K54 (Check valve)
1-89895K144 (Tubing)

Here is a pic of it.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Did you guys see the bypass that 70_z_uc did on his pump setup? It is slick.
I hope he doesnt mind me posting about it here.

IMO, the most "professional" install job I've seen.

On edit: His posts concerning it:

Here is a pic of it.

Tom
That is a nice setup and very professional but uneccessary with the fishtank pumps. Fishtank pumps will keep you running but you will know somethink is wrong and needs attension just like the above setup. A Fass pump needs the above setup if a failure occurs.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So what problem are you having then? I unplugged my pumps, and they flowed through well enough to break the tires loose on the 2-3 shift. Granted, I didn't run all out through 5th gear, but I didn't want to get pulled over for going 90 in a 35 :D

I don't think they would be a restriction that would leave me stranded if they failed.

C.A.P

Feb 16, 2008
Wow , One time at band camp ............... :rofl: As for lift pumps one word ! M I T U S A .. Flow through and will supply all the fuel you will ever need.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
So what problem are you having then? I unplugged my pumps, and they flowed through well enough to break the tires loose on the 2-3 shift. Granted, I didn't run all out through 5th gear, but I didn't want to get pulled over for going 90 in a 35 :D

I don't think they would be a restriction that would leave me stranded if they failed.

A 1792 normally won't leave you stranded either. It chops about 200HP off the top. Watch Kat's "2min SledPull".

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ive had one buddy with them fail and they were fine, and then another guy in town had them fail and they left him stranded.

one of mine failed and I didnt even know until It blew the fuse (locked rotor).

I actually have mine on a switch and shut them off when I get below ~1/8 tank, so they dont start sucking air.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
one of mine failed and I didnt even know until It blew the fuse (locked rotor).

I actually have mine on a switch and shut them off when I get below ~1/8 tank, so they dont start sucking air.

when i had the 1792 i could leave it on all the time and it would run just fine no matter how much fuel i had in the tank. having them on a switch is definately a great idea.