I got killed..help me with my resurection

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
If you had the time to have done a boosted launch he may never have caught you (in 1/4 mile terms).

For example: A friend of mine has a fox with gt40 heads, a cam, c4 and a 100 shot. From a roll he can pull me (not actually that bad, but he gets me).. from a dig I slaughter him (he's on street tires). Just one of those things.

Loosing rail pressure isn't going to help you either.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Trent Nell

Give Trent a shout with Extreme Prejudice Racing he will hook you up with an EFI DSP5 Tune. If you are leaning toward twins in the future anyway, he is "The Guy" for your needs!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Rail is shimmed and i havent thrown a low rail pressure code in a while. I think i might bottle test just for the hell of it. But the tune i got was just a script he ran on my stock tune, that he had mad for a guy or some blah blah i dont remember. But he said it had a built trans, stock turbo, single cp3 and a lift pump. But the truck runs good at WOT but at about 3/4 of the way down the truck will shake during acceleration.

Just because you shimmed the rail dont me your CP3 is holding desired rail pressure. That can loose you decent power jsut by dropping off a few thousand psi. Making sure everything is workin at 100% can make a world of difference.

as for the SS, they are quick suckers but ive raced my share and with the twins, ive yet to have one beat me (on 37s). they have all calimed 300-350 hp but you know how that goes :rolleyes:. I did race a pretty built suby the day and stayed right with him at 7,000ft from a 30 mph roll. wish we did a boosted launch :D

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I did race a pretty built suby the day and stayed right with him at 7,000ft from a 30 mph roll. wish we did a boosted launch

If... and I mean IF the guy can drive they an pull 1.6's on street tires.

I pulled consistent 1.7's with mine on street tires at full pressure... on the same track my truck blew them off in 4x4 and had crappy 60 ft's

However, lauching a small motor awd turbo car with a manual is no simple task.. chances are you would have eaten his lunch.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
They have a lil boosted si around here with built motor and spray...we stay pretty much side by side from a roll...i actually pull him a little up until around 90 and he starts tugging on me. HOWEVER>>>that was when my rail pressure was -4000...Dont think that will happen with the cp3x2 :)

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
shake? thats no bueno at all. Cobalt SS's are not slow with port n polished charger, pulley, tuning, they are some quick bastards. but I'd deff say get a race tune from rob. he's great, tune it, log it, he'll see if you can up it anymore till you get the most out of your cp3. and best of all....no 3/4 throttle shaking and a happier motor :roflmao:
Yes a shake...well thats what I call it lol. It would be better described as a "shutter" :D. And i meant to say, 3/4 of the way down it does the "shuttering" . Once all the way on the floor the truck does fine.

Regular CTS? Those things aren't that fast. I raced one a while back with a pretty mild tune and spanked it pretty hard.
04 Caddy CTS V6...with Sport Mode button :roflmao:. She stayed with me pretty good for a little while....then i walked away. And IIRC it was before the "really hot" tune and Air Dog....so that could be one of the reasons it was a challenge.

If you had the time to have done a boosted launch he may never have caught you (in 1/4 mile terms).
For example: A friend of mine has a fox with gt40 heads, a cam, c4 and a 100 shot. From a roll he can pull me (not actually that bad, but he gets me).. from a dig I slaughter him (he's on street tires). Just one of those things.

Loosing rail pressure isn't going to help you either.
It was a good race...I guess as good as i could have been from rolling at about 20-25mph. But he did beat me fair and square...but a fender and about half the door isnt much...those cars are small. But i think things would have been diff in 4wd tow haul and boosted. And yes, the losing rail pressure def hindered.

Just because you shimmed the rail dont me your CP3 is holding desired rail pressure. Making sure everything is workin at 100% can make a world of difference.

What would be a rail that's in "working order"

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
wait so a Husker Diesel tune and fully built trans cant even beat a chevy cobalt?

Jeez I would ask for your money back and get an IdahoRob/ATP tune ASAP. :cool:

Sharks06LLY

May 15, 2010
Tampa Fl
hmm i didnt think cobalt ss were fast at all? im gonna make fun of my buddy now he must not know how to drive since i stopped his ass with just a quad on 90hp

Oct 21, 2009
I've seen those cars go pretty damn fast and beat up on some fast street cars and diesels. I hate them but there is a few around here that will do 11s:(

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If... and I mean IF the guy can drive they an pull 1.6's on street tires.

I pulled consistent 1.7's with mine on street tires at full pressure... on the same track my truck blew them off in 4x4 and had crappy 60 ft's

However, lauching a small motor awd turbo car with a manual is no simple task.. chances are you would have eaten his lunch.

Hes got all the boost control lauch stuff from what he says. he wouldnt do it cause he says hes blown up three trannys from it. I know they can 60 ft pretty damn fast, they ought to do more than i on 37s. I jsut dont feel he has the HP in the first 1/8th to keep me at bay in the last 1/8th if we did a true drag race. 30mph pulls give him the advantage and i dont really care for them :D

What would be a rail that's in "working order"

if you have a LBZ, 25-26K psi. LLY, 22-23K psi. any less and your loosing power

Dec 2, 2006
TN
hmm i didnt think cobalt ss were fast at all? im gonna make fun of my buddy now he must not know how to drive since i stopped his ass with just a quad on 90hp

I ran one at the strip one night, I was running my normal ~8.2's in the 1/8th and he couldn't break out of the 9's. :D

It was an SS, he said my 4x4 was cheating. They can be fast though..

Nov 1, 2010
Lost Nation, IA
lol that use to happen to me b4 i got a duramax needless to say it dont happen anymore i got the ats chip set at and extra 180hp and adjusted the speed limiter to shut off at 140 not saying i got that fast just fast enough to beat them lol