How to remove?

airmanadams88

Dec 20, 2008
Does anyone know where i can find a how to on takin out the zf6 tranny? i need to replace the slave/throwout bearing and need to get it replaced but would like to do it on my own, i have a full service shop to use...lift, tools everything just need the job knowledge to do it. thanks

blacked_out_lly

my truck hates me
May 22, 2010
new boston, il
i can tell you first hand its not fun to pull out or put back in i just did it about a month and a half ago and i get to do it again because somethin just went wrong with my clutch tonite and im not lookin forward to it :(

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Mine has always been a mother to get out. But takes a 1/4 of the time to put back in. The last two times I've has mine out that is how it's been. I would help getting it out and then J.D. at Valair would have it back together by the time I got done with my cigarette.

airmanadams88

Dec 20, 2008
i am NOT excited about this at all! but i cant stand listening to the rattling ofr the throwout everytime i put the clutch in! its a job im gonna just have to smile about and do hahaha

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
If you were local I'd tell ya to just bring it over. It's not that bad but then I've only done it half a dozen times or more. Ya get used to the job I guess :rolleyes:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you were local I'd tell ya to just bring it over. It's not that bad but then I've only done it half a dozen times or more. Ya get used to the job I guess :rolleyes:
I haven't had my Allison out that many times... :poke:

I had to beat Ben to the punch :D

airmanadams88

Dec 20, 2008
do ya got any videos or audio atleast of you dual disk...this is a really loud rattle when the clutch pedal is pressed in when i put the truck in neutral and let the clutch out sound goes away...was having the truck aligned the other day and the shop works on alot of trucks with aftermarket on them so i told them i had a dual disk they still though it was a throwout...so not sure what to believe and no one up here has 6 spds so cant see if there trucks make the noise too or not. this the throwout has 129K on it its never been replaced as far as i kno