home made stack

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
since my truck got retired as my d/d i stacked it for racing and i like the look of a single stack, still need to get it coated but it only cost 90 bucks to put together and my truck is def not a show rig here are a few pics . already has 5" exhaust so carried out to a 5" stack .

DSCF0892.jpg

DSCF0894.jpg

Sandracer799

LB7 Power
Mar 25, 2008
Sandston,Va
Looks awesome!!! :nana:

I want to do this to my truck, but I keep talking myself out of it. I like my sleeper look to much i guess.:(

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Looks awesome!!! :nana:

I want to do this to my truck, but I keep talking myself out of it. I like my sleeper look to much i guess.:(

Single stack tells the dodge boys you want to play but not sure if you can hang or not....so really sleeper look remains intact in my opinion. Then when you beat them you can laugh and say your truck is faster because you only have one stack. :D

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
The first pictures you had your single stack higher than the window, Did you not like it that high?

its the same height just different camera angle and the 45 deg miter cut :hug: i like the height keps it above the back window and its actually quieter then my side exit in front of the rear tire was . i like the sound i thought it was going to be real loud but like i said it pretty quite only droan is at around 1600 rpm , and i like the looks , it will be either powdercoated or painted black at some point right now its just aluminized exhaust tubing
thanks for all the complaments guys ! i can give some more detailed pics if anyone else is wanting to build one .

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
its the same height just different camera angle and the 45 deg miter cut :hug: i like the height keps it above the back window and its actually quieter then my side exit in front of the rear tire was . i like the sound i thought it was going to be real loud but like i said it pretty quite only droan is at around 1600 rpm , and i like the looks , it will be either powdercoated or painted black at some point right now its just aluminized exhaust tubing
thanks for all the complaments guys ! i can give some more detailed pics if anyone else is wanting to build one .

Yeah dont go lower because the drone is terrible if its below the rear window.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Is that Str-8 piped right? I have all the goodies to do my 6"er already when i get to that point with the truck, im really surprised its quieter! My 6" side exit is helaciouslly loud with alot of cab drone, thata be great it it quiets it up inside! If its too loud i found a source for insert mufflers for stacks, i was gonna get one and make it removable but if i dount need one, great!

BTW, looks damn good man, perfect hight!:D

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Is that Str-8 piped right? I have all the goodies to do my 6"er already when i get to that point with the truck, im really surprised its quieter! My 6" side exit is helaciouslly loud with alot of cab drone, thata be great it it quiets it up inside! If its too loud i found a source for insert mufflers for stacks, i was gonna get one and make it removable but if i dount need one, great!

BTW, looks damn good man, perfect hight!:D

no i am still running a muffler i dont care much for a noisy truck just like a nice deep tone and alot off wistle :D

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Looks awesome. I like the stack cut right at cab height. Mine was similar but I finally pulled it for good. Gets old on a d/d for sure.