Wonder where these could be going....

827EBAD6-1867-4683-B949-5EE5CA481886-20229-00000C8DDF1CBC90_zpsccec12ee.jpg

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I bet those were cheap. :spit:

if i told you they were not much more than ride-techs would you believe me? and they have many more plus's for me :D

My springrocket shoes came in!

no no, these are for the pcar. your shoes are still on backorder till obama puts change back in my pocket

I forsee your wife throwing your ass out if you continue buying shit like that.:roflmao:

:roflmao: weeeellllll, only if she finds out right? :D

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
With what she is letting him get away with, I'm pretty sure she has a sancho taking care of her on the side anyways lol :roflmao:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lol rrrrriiiiiigggghhhhttttt.

2.5" bodied 6" stroke shocks with resi's. also has dual rate coils to go with when they show up. Shocks are from FOA. Trucks gunna perform pretty awesome off road when I get them dialed in. Max wheel travel will be 12" before cv angles are an issue. Ill be able to lower the front pretty low for drag racing as well. I have some ideas to try on Brian's truck after I get mine done for drag racing hehehe

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Bro brosef brosky...where are mine?

you dont want 2.0 shocks, you told me that. i got you in mind buddy, we just need to hook up and hash out ideas one weekend

Who'd you deal with at FOA?? Just had dinner with a buddy that does sales for them.

Both Chris and JD. I dunno how much chris likes me right now as we shot a few "direct" emails back and forth cause JD told me one thing about shipping my shocks out, then i get told another thing and would be waiting much longer.

They going to fit in factory location? Are you building control arms with them also? Good luck, ready to see how they perform :thumb:

yes, after two weeks of hunting, measuring, hunting, measuring, thinking, calculating, bugging people on block heights for springs, searching for springs, measuring again, hunting some more these will damn near bolt into place. only thing i have to change is the top shock mount is an "eye" mount but i have adaptors coming that are some beefy units. Ill be using factory LCA but the UCA is a fabtech arm.

the only issue is you can not put these shocks on any lifted truck other than a 8" fabtech lift unless you plan to use the shock as a limiter in some way which is VERY bad for any shock. Using this shock, i can raise and lower my front end just like i could the t-bars without the restriction of the shock topping or bottoming out to affect ride. it might work on 6" lifts, maaayyybbbeee even a 4" lift but ill need trucks to measure off of to know for sure.

the nice part, for those that do mainly street driving, a 2.0 shock has a TON more options for springs and lengths. only issue is gunna be shock fade off road BUT it will prolong that affect much longer than 80% of the bolt in shocks you would normally run on the front of a dmax. This is what im gunna recommend brian use but i wanna see if i schmooze FOA into putting adjustment knobs on their shocks, otherwise i might try some valving tricks so the shocks still work well on road but also well in drag racing. you still wont beat a qa1 shock for all out drag racing though.

Im pretty happy though. been a thought in my head for 6 years now. while it doesnt seem complicated, 6 years ago there were many more unknowns and options were not as available as they are now. :woott::woott: