Highest mile stock alli

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Hello gentlemen and Mike, I was just curious what is the highest mile stock 5 spd alli you have seen?

I'm closing in on 400k fast quick and in a hurry. Recently loaded a nice 120ish horse tune. The trans snaps quick shift under normal driving but when I get a little mean with it the trans is slow to shift then slams into gear I'm not sure if it is hanging or what. I don't see a heavy refuel in the tune... I will be doing a fluid and filter change. Do the stock clutches delaminates like aftermarket units where I will see it in the pan? I have cut filters in the past and never have seen much...

Truck has been maintained fairly well though the trans never got it's first service till it limped. Truck has pulled enormous amounts of weight well over 30k in some cases,

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I have 386500 on a stock one. It has been tuned most of it's life. It really could use a rebuild but I know what not to do so it will last till I change it out.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Only thing that bothers me is the slow shift. Feels like a big refuel but the engine isn't bogging down. I should probably get a log and see if it is defueling.

Just curious what else is out there. How much towing have you all done?? This truck has seriously only been unhooked to get another trailer