high hp guys

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
what are you high hp guys doing to the trans to hold the power? i am in the process of building my motor and am going to try to push 900 rwhp and tune it down and drive it daily i was wondering what to do to the trans, the truck will be raced not pulled

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
what are you high hp guys doing to the trans to hold the power? i am in the process of building my motor and am going to try to push 900 rwhp and tune it down and drive it daily i was wondering what to do to the trans, the truck will be raced not pulled

Your best bet is to take it to known builder and have then build it according to your goals... no Allison builder is going to post their information on a public forum

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
i never asked for there secrets, maybey i should have clarified, i just want to know if i need billet shafts exct. not trying to know the secrets, my trans will go to george once he answers his phone but i would like to know the basics thats all

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
The last time I talked to george about the setup I wanna run he said the same thing as the post above but if there is secrets I'm sure he would let the cat out the bag

bobby

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
i will most likely put billet shafts in i dont wanna take the chance with stock shafts, why do we need a billet c2 hub

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Suncoast Gmax kit, and all the billet goodies, it was built in 09 and were gonna run it for a 3rd season. The only thing we have changed is the converter and that was just to go to a looser stall last year, and probably go looser this year.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Yes im sure it can live with 900hp and stock shafts, throw some sled pulling, or a set of slicks at the track into the equation and the story changes.... That would be what you were willing to risk.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
i will most likely put billet shafts in i dont wanna take the chance with stock shafts, why do we need a billet c2 hub

I don't even think there is a billet c2 for are 6 speeds only the 5 speed guys. Have you dropped the motor back off to Donnys to get machined. What turbo setup are you going to run are you going with twin cp3's. Stock shafts have held up well in mine and we use the same builder.

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
I don't even think there is a billet c2 for are 6 speeds only the 5 speed guys. Have you dropped the motor back off to Donnys to get machined. What turbo setup are you going to run are you going with twin cp3's. Stock shafts have held up well in mine and we use the same builder.

motor is still here at the house, i havent called donny yet, i am going to go with a gt42 over a gt55 or a 100mm charger i havent decided yet, twin pumps are on there way i need to get in touch with george so he can take the trans and injectors i am pry gonna run a set of 100% guy said that is as big as he would go on the street

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
motor is still here at the house, i havent called donny yet, i am going to go with a gt42 over a gt55 or a 100mm charger i havent decided yet, twin pumps are on there way i need to get in touch with george so he can take the trans and injectors i am pry gonna run a set of 100% guy said that is as big as he would go on the street

The 100% injectors are not going to matter on the street the turbo setup is not a DD setup. Your right back at what you were doing a year ago with this build but know you have the kids and wanted this truck as a DD to haul them around and have fun not going to happen with that big of a set of twins.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC

With that setup I would run billet input, output, flexplate and a billet or modified hub. Thats gonna make more than 900hp and not what I would consider a street setup.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
42/55 setup can be driven on the street, I did it was fun on the weekends, but it would be a pain to drive everyday. I wouldnt call it a street setup either, your getting in the Race setup area with that set.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
If you already have the 4718. I like the s366 but think Trent uses the s466 think same turbo less gate and it's a t4 and you add your own.