Greetings from Russia

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Sorry for my English. I don`t sure that I understand you rightly.
What do you mean?

And thanks again for warm welcome!:)

When we say "x2" we just mean that we agree with what is posted above, instead of typing it again. :thumb:

Welcome!

lexa

Oct 28, 2012
Moscow
How low? I plug my truck in whenever i can, but i Have started mine without being plugged in overnight at -45f. Sounded terrible but she started.

Here is rarely -30f. Good engine )
What is the freezing temperature your fuel?

When we say "x2" we just mean that we agree with what is posted above, instead of typing it again. :thumb:

Welcome!

Thanks! It`s pleasure to talk with you )

What did he mean "whats it like there?" ? Moscow/Russia?

lexa

Oct 28, 2012
Moscow
Thanks!
I will write a not long text about Russia when I have inspiration. if it's interesting.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Welcome buddy:thumb:

It's cool to see international interest in the duramax, I love it!

I also am a euro car lover, I frequent car forums where the vehicle platform is used commonly around the world and it is always interesting to get views and insight from people in other countries!

Do you already have the Nissan you are planning to swap the d-max into? Post up some pics of your truck and patrol!

lexa

Oct 28, 2012
Moscow
Hi Jason! :)

I like to see American forums. It seems the technical grade is very high :thumb:

I have patrol y61 with rd28 engine (weak engine for that car) and bmw530 e39 now. In winter bmw make me cry- too small clearance for our snowdrifts. In summer -patrol is too slow. I think to sell bmw and take one more patrol especially for swap. The first one is daily used.

At first I wished to swap cummins 5.9 in it. Then I fortuitously found broken silverado 2500 in Petersburg. These trucks are very rare here.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/garage_attachment.php?id=3452
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/garage_attachment.php?id=3453
sorry for links. I Can`t create album yet.

I Read DD, found out that diesel is very impressive. And I bought it.
I know nothing about it condition after break. Many parts were broken. Not a long ago I had ran it stand alone. It works )

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/garage_attachment.php?id=3454

Then I`m going to make new allison shaft for patrol transfer case. Or rotate original transefer on 180*. I don`t know yet what way is easier.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Hi! Does duramax start easy at low temperature? Actual for me :)

Thanks to all :)

No problems with cold starting:thumb: Our fuel is blended weekly as the temperatures go up and down. I haven't had a gelling issue yet. You should plug it in around -12C and below. Run a good synthetic engine oil in a 5W-40. Any questions just ask. Lots of smart people on here that can help.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Welcome.

I would like to read your description of Russia when you get a chance to write it. I've never been there so all I know about Russia is from TV and print. I heard you have an amazing boreal forest and some big wild cats and bears in the area of that forest.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Welcome.
I spent 4 years working in the oilfields in Siberia. One thing I know for sure is the fuel is shit! In lots of places there they cut diesel with Kerosene in the winter which lowers it's gel point but reduces lubricity. We seized up valves in the heads of 2 Cat C-15 engines in the first 100hrs they were running there. And that happened 12 hours north of Noyabrysk. Not fun getting them back to the shop at -40C!

Be sure to add a good fuel conditioner year round and use only 2 micron fuel filters. DO NOT just run a Kamaz or Ural filter-it won't run very long!!

A water separator before the fuel filters is also a good idea. I found the odd toplivo truck there that would sell 60 liters (sometimes more) of diesel on the side of the highway for vodka money and just top it back up with water so the delivery amount was the same volume.
In Mockba you likely won't have as many issues if you fuel up at good fuel stations. Buy Gazprom-don't buy Rosneft fuel is what my drivers used to tell me!!

lexa

Oct 28, 2012
Moscow
Welcome..

As I have less work, I`ll try )

Welcome.
I spent 4 years working in the oilfields in Siberia. One thing I know for sure is the fuel is shit! ...

Yes, it is absolutely true! Each winter I have problems with fuel. It isn`t turn to a gel, but it won`t go through filter. I have to make a heater.

One suggests to mix winter fuel with 2T motor oil. I don`t test it.

What do you think about Russia?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
As I have less work, I`ll try )

Yes, it is absolutely true! Each winter I have problems with fuel. It isn`t turn to a gel, but it won`t go through filter. I have to make a heater.

One suggests to mix winter fuel with 2T motor oil. I don`t test it.

What do you think about Russia?

Women are hot, vodka was good and cheap, other than that not a fan but I spent 95% of my time in Siberia. Lots of bugs, hot and humid summers and cold dry long winters.
Moscow was better, but expensive. Lots of cool history to see!