Got beat by a stock cummins....

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
would his name be Ely..........if so the $hit of the whole deal was that Cummins was wearing my sons take-off wheels :rofl::rofl:

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
Um that dodge looks like it was just as fast as your truck. He just missed a shift or had a bad start. :rofl:

its my buddy, he didnt miss just we both spun and i grabed and took off,at the end of the vid we were going 100 we tops out at 110... after that i just kept pulling, but think about it its pretty bad how he spent all that money on turbo,injectors,manifold,stacks,with stacked box's and i had my ppe on level 4 (160) hp...and stayed about the same till he topped out..i mean i still got anoter level to go.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
its my buddy, he didnt miss just we both spun and i grabed and took off,at the end of the vid we were going 100 we tops out at 110... after that i just kept pulling, but think about it its pretty bad how he spent all that money on turbo,injectors,manifold,stacks,with stacked box's and i had my ppe on level 4 (160) hp...and stayed about the same till he topped out..i mean i still got anoter level to go.

Yea, but you have to consider, do you have the supporting mods to properly utilize the next level. Do a little reading, you will find that some say the upper level of a programmer is sometimes slower than the mid levels.;)

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
not at the moment i dont have the tranny built yet...last time i put level five on it was not too good...but what you mean the higher level isnt the fastest?? i build diesel motors and mataince them everday...i never heard crazy shit like that??

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
not at the moment i dont have the tranny built yet...last time i put level five on it was not too good...but what you mean the higher level isnt the fastest?? i build diesel motors and mataince them everday...i never heard crazy shit like that??[/QU

what larry said is true my 300 tune did not run as good as the 225. there was no improvement at the track on the 300. it sounds weird but true

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
not at the moment i dont have the tranny built yet...last time i put level five on it was not too good...but what you mean the higher level isnt the fastest?? i build diesel motors and mataince them everday...i never heard crazy shit like that??

He doesnt mean the higher levels are slower, he means if you dont have a lift pump and drain the fuel rail you may not run as fast as on a lower level. He means you have to have the supporting mods to get the best results from higher tunes

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
not at the moment i dont have the tranny built yet...last time i put level five on it was not too good...but what you mean the higher level isnt the fastest?? i build diesel motors and mataince them everday...i never heard crazy shit like that??[/QU

what larry said is true my 300 tune did not run as good as the 225. there was no improvement at the track on the 300. it sounds weird but true

That too :D

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
yeah that i under stand i thought he was talking the tuner wouldnt let it or somthing idk lol, my highest level is 225 and the fuel is there for it. i dont know if the higher levels need lift pump or not, i imagine they do

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
yes i could tell i needed a lift pump on 225 but when i went to 300 it would throw a low fuel rail pressure code. sometimes it did this on 225.

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
oh well I only had it in for about two hours and at 90 the truck just turned off, you it was cause of that plus the torque conv slipped but when lower speed it came back on

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
when the fuel rail pressure in mine drops like that the dash says engine power reduced and it felt like it was stock... i switched to efi and have had no problems since a guy i know built me a badass tune combo for the ecm/tcm. it only cost me 995$ an a jumbo corndog for the tune..:D

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
when the fuel rail pressure in mine drops like that the dash says engine power reduced and it felt like it was stock... i switched to efi and have had no problems since a guy i know built me a badass tune combo for the ecm/tcm. it only cost me 995$ an a jumbo corndog for the tune..:D

It cost you 995 for a tune?

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Well i caught up with the guy again a few days ago and got my revenge. I didnt beat him by a whole lot but i was in 2 wheel and he was in 4.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I known a gentelman in Idaho who will make it so those pesky dodges never bother you again . :cool::driving::rofl:

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I known a gentelman in Idaho who will make it so those pesky dodges never bother you again . :cool::driving::rofl:

lol that would require me to drop a large chunk of change and im pretty stingy:D

What 1/4 mile times could i expect with twins after i get them dialed in?

What kind of hp would I expect also?