Got beat by a stock cummins....

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Im a little disappointed i got beat by a quad cab lb cummins with just a stack. It had rained I was spinnin the tires all the way up to 60mph. Once we got to a light i did a 4x4 boosted launch and spun all 4 while the steering went crazy on me and had to back off, the steering wheel was going back and forth like crazy and made it impossible to control the truck. How do i fix this? And im thinkin on switch from my 305's to 285's to get some power back, good idea? Still a little disappoited and now i gotta hear this guy talk shit until I can get my tranny fixed. The tranny is not in good shape so that may be part of the problem. But im concerned about the steering mostly? Would cognito steering braces fix it?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I see "Tbars cranked" in your sig...theres the problem. \ /

Sorry you lost.

Last edited:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Im a little disappointed i got beat by a quad cab lb cummins with just a stack. It had rained I was spinnin the tires all the way up to 60mph. Once we got to a light i did a 4x4 boosted launch and spun all 4 while the steering went crazy on me and had to back off, the steering wheel was going back and forth like crazy and made it impossible to control the truck. How do i fix this? And im thinkin on switch from my 305's to 285's to get some power back, good idea? Still a little disappoited and now i gotta hear this guy talk shit until I can get my tranny fixed. The tranny is not in good shape so that may be part of the problem. But im concerned about the steering mostly? Would cognito steering braces fix it?

Send him my way if he needs a Dmax education:cool2: Which one was he?

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Send him my way if he needs a Dmax education:cool2: Which one was he?

He actually knows who you are....When i mentioned you he was like i know his niece (or somethin like that), dont f#ck with that guy lol.

Hes the quad cab long bed with a single 5" chrome stack. Monster sticker on the back window, dodge symbol on the tailgate, john deer sticker in the back window and dinky little red horns on the roof haha

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I lose to dodges around here all the time, I think a few are even "stacking" whatever that means. :confused:

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Larry, I believe what he is saying is "yeah i know that guys'(larry) neice and you dont want to mess with him(larry)

Not that you shouldn't mess with him(dodge owner)

Makes sense?

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Ooppss you were reffering to my first post.

I meant thats what that guy said to me....We pulled over and talked a little. He said dont f*ck with that guy about you when he was talkin to me haha

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Larry, I believe what he is saying is "yeah i know that guys'(larry) neice and you dont want to mess with him(larry)

Not that you shouldn't mess with him(dodge owner)

Makes sense?

There we go thanks Josh :hug:

Sorry for the misundestanding there Larry

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
There we go thanks Josh :hug:

Sorry for the misundestanding there Larry

Larry's truck is so fast that it scrambles his brain at times when he floors the pedal. So, he just needs to sit stationary for awhile longer and then he is good to go. :D

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
hey guys i got a video of me busting this dodge so bad up to 100 mph, its my buddy and he has ats acuraoa turbo and injectors lift pump ect... ect.. and all i have if stuff in my sig...lol ill post it , but the cognito braces and tierods will help your problem with them bowing in,i about to get them also