Going to race a 98 vette.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
No limps yet and pegged 120 on the speedo.:coolspot:

well fine, if you havent limped it yet you will very soon, and you'll most likely blow up the engine as well in due time. The EGT's, engine load, and most importantly piston stress with a stock turbo running at high speeds (100+mph) at wide open is ridiculous.

good luck. :rolleyes:

ben

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Just out of curiosity, how do you know for a fact you are putting 500 HP to the wheels?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just out of curiosity, how do you know for a fact you are putting 500 HP to the wheels?

he knows that its 500rwhp the same way I know my truck runs 11's (because rob and russ have cc/sb's and run the same injector, turbo, and cp3 setup as me and their trucks run 11's!!!)

:D

ben

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was just wondering because I did some calculations on CompD's HP calculator, and at 6,000 lbs, 500 HP should get him a 12.5 @ 107 in the 1/4. I find that a little far fetched.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Our calculator (Duramax Math in title bar) shows even quicker. But a 6,000lb raceweight is pretty hard to get to. An empty 2wd EC/SB is 6080, an empty 4x4 EC/SB is 6420. IIRC, the CC is 6700 something.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Our calculator (Duramax Math in title bar) shows even quicker. But a 6,000lb raceweight is pretty hard to get to. An empty 2wd EC/SB is 6080, an empty 4x4 EC/SB is 6420. IIRC, the CC is 6700 something.

Thats what I was thinking:thumb: My race weight is 6800lb's, my last time to the track was a 12.9, with nothing changed on a Dyno Jet a week later put down 503hp. The calculater here and comp D were dam near right on..

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was just going by what he said when he said he was going to try to have his weight down close to 6000 lbs. On a RC/LB I can see him getting there depending on how much stuff he wants to pull out of the truck.

[email protected]

cmitchell17
Sep 8, 2008
well fine, if you havent limped it yet you will very soon, and you'll most likely blow up the engine as well in due time. The EGT's, engine load, and most importantly piston stress with a stock turbo running at high speeds (100+mph) at wide open is ridiculous.

good luck. :rolleyes:

ben

If you use the stock vane position limits, the stock tune will pull the vanes all the way up to the limits(50-65%) to make the boost required for around 500hp (30+psi). I lowered mine about 20% on the max vane table and havent noticed any changes at all in boost, but im using the stock map sensor for boost which might be reading wrong becuase it might be maxed out. The vane position is around 30-40% now, but I don't know if this really contributes to the problem becuase I don't have a egt gauge or anything else to read.

Last edited:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
I was just wondering because I did some calculations on CompD's HP calculator, and at 6,000 lbs, 500 HP should get him a 12.5 @ 107 in the 1/4. I find that a little far fetched.

According to my wheeled off 1/4 mile, and seeing as how I have run it probably 25+ times, I would say my mph is right there. I am going to try to make it to a drag track yet this year to get some times on a stock trans.

I think the rear bumper and hitch is going to go bye bye also. I am trying for 6000 pounds.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
So far I have killed a 100% stock motor with an economy tune on 99% of the time (DSP 5), I have killed 3 trannies, all on different trucks, I managed to kill 2 ECM's trying to load tunes in the trucks, and 2 LB7 turbos. Otherwise things are going good.

Look at his sig, you didn't know it was cool to blow up your engins and F*ck up parts?? Where have you guys been?

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
^ Where have you been? I just tuned the trucks, what they do with the hp is there option. Oh ya you never had a problem with your trans.... as I see you have a Stage 4.

Sounds like your a little jellious. Did I come complaining? Go cry to someone else.

BTW why do you think I have a GrandAm? So I can go to work if my truck has problems of somekind. It's for work and play, but I don't have to have it. I am already looking at trans upgrades because I think I could blow through the converter right now on a boosted launch if I want to.

Unlike half of the nation right now, I have a job. :)

Oh ya make that 5 trannies, because that is old news. I have 2 more buddies with Lb7's that have recently took out trans running race/sled pulling programs (DSP) for 2 years now and they just now let loose. :cool2:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
^

Oh ya make that 5 trannies, because that is old news. I have 2 more buddies with Lb7's that have recently took out trans running race/sled pulling programs (DSP) for 2 years now and they just now let loose. :cool2:

power couldnt have been that high if it took 2 years to kill a 5 sp trans :joker::D:rofl: sorry i couldnt resist :hug:

best of luck with the race , you should be able to get a RC down to 6k

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
^ Where have you been? I just tuned the trucks, what they do with the hp is there option. Oh ya you never had a problem with your trans.... as I see you have a Stage 4.

Sounds like your a little jellious. Did I come complaining? Go cry to someone else.

BTW why do you think I have a GrandAm? So I can go to work if my truck has problems of somekind. It's for work and play, but I don't have to have it. I am already looking at trans upgrades because I think I could blow through the converter right now on a boosted launch if I want to.

Unlike half of the nation right now, I have a job. :)

:rofl::rofl:^^:baby: You are right you are obviously a master tuner, most tuners do I beleive brag on the number of trannies they can smoke...

Last edited:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
power couldnt have been that high if it took 2 years to kill a 5 sp trans :joker::D:rofl: sorry i couldnt resist :hug:

best of luck with the race , you should be able to get a RC down to 6k

He only run the hot tune when pulling. He had limped it numerious time.

Who said I was bragging? Just stating facts.

BTW I just did a few practice runs on 245's on MT wheels and the trans doesn't seem to like them at all. ( I had run 285's pulling this year on loan to me as they were on my rims. Then I went to to 265's, and I thought I would try 245's that came on it. Basically 285's to 245's.)It shifts way late and slow shifts. My cousin seems to be making excuses as to why he doesn't want to run them. I told him, it doesn't matter anyway he's going to have my truck on his lift reguardless.:D

Last edited: