Going for tens in the zf. (Mission Accomplished!!!)

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
You know, Im going to do that very thing to the 1/2 ton cab when I get to that point. Thank you for the idea. ;)

The plastic fits back over it to, I put it back on. Still has torxs screws at each side and you can put 2 clips on the front and the body clip in the middle still all hold it.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
Some of it is already gone for the glass the the stripping for the doors might weigh a few pounds.:)
Weigh those doors when your done. I think fiberglass doors are around 15lbs each. Looks like you shed some serious weight!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Ok well since Dan has went ahead and said something about it on my Facebook, I'll go ahead and say it. Dan from valair clutches is gonna send me there street triple disc to run in the race truck. He said it would out shift the dual disc I have and hold 1000 hp. I'll let you guys know what i think about it after I get it installed and do some testing. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to try it out.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok well since Dan has went ahead and said something about it on my Facebook, I'll go ahead and say it. Dan from valair clutches is gonna send me there street triple disc to run in the race truck. He said it would out shift the dual disc I have and hold 1000 hp. I'll let you guys know what i think about it after I get it installed and do some testing. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to try it out.

Less pressure needed from the pressure plate, I believe it

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Less pressure needed from the pressure plate, I believe it

I seen pics, lighter plate load by a few hundred pounds, thinner flywheel. Floater plates ride on studs not grooves in a 3 inch thick flywheel. Looks nasty. Triple disc diaphragm ceramic.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I seen pics, lighter plate load by a few hundred pounds, thinner flywheel. Floater plates ride on studs not grooves in a 3 inch thick flywheel. Looks nasty. Triple disc diaphragm ceramic.

Oh that's nasty! Sounds like an enormous version of the double and triple disc used in sand cars with sequential transmission. That's good shit!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Oh that's nasty! Sounds like an enormous version of the double and triple disc used in sand cars with sequential transmission. That's good shit!

I'll admit I wasn't very game to try a triple but he swears by it.
Sounds like a very quality piece and I've personally talked to Dan at sheid 2 years ago. Very real guy.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Weigh those doors when your done. I think fiberglass doors are around 15lbs each. Looks like you shed some serious weight!

Less. My GTS fiberglass doors for my half ton are 5 lbs each, 7 with the factory brackets for door hinges.

Last edited:

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
Less. My GTS fiberglass doors for my half ton are 5 lbs each, 7 with the factory brackets for door hinges.
Well, lol, sign me up! Is that with windows as well? That's a lot lighter than what I was told. We were debating on doing a fiberglass front clip and doors for the track but leaving the bed alone for the street.