Going for tens in the zf. (Mission Accomplished!!!)

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Nice work!!

I’d like to see a vid of those passes. And an in cab GoPro would be cool too!!

In cabs weren't very exciting with the n20 I shaved 3 tenths with losing the ability to full throttle shift at the same time. Figured out my shiftng issue so should be good now.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Long story, I loaned it to my competition for my sponsor. We both had super stick zf6s. He broke his at ucc so I loaned him mine and sat out of about 4 race days now because he broke mine also. Waiting to get it back, so just doing what I gotta do to make sct.

That sucks man, hope to see you out there making progress on your ET!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Got a glow plug delete soaked and alot of white smoke if we lift it up off idle. Just got a scanner and seeing what we can find.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I saw it there with both trans on the ground beside it.

I think he broke the input shaft if I remember correctly?

Yes sir, today we had a bad engine day lol. We think number 7 cylinder is down. Was like that off the trailer but the 300 shot must have done it in. Plus 11 balance rate on that cylinder and a wet glow plug delete.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Bet it’s a bent rod. Sounds EXACTLY like mine when I bent cyl #5 rod. Your train of thought of it being an injector is what I thought too lol

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Bet it’s a bent rod. Sounds EXACTLY like mine when I bent cyl #5 rod. Your train of thought of it being an injector is what I thought too lol

If it's a rod we got a few spares laying around. Doesn't smoke at idle just around 2k just seems like the issue came out of nowhere not right after or during a run. We will see what happends stock rods are cheap lol

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Compression test first. X2 on bent rod. They can bend quite a ways before they break....:hehe:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If it's a rod we got a few spares laying around. Doesn't smoke at idle just around 2k just seems like the issue came out of nowhere not right after or during a run. We will see what happends stock rods are cheap lol

yeah once mine warmed up, you would never know other than by balance rate. never knew it till the next morning headed to NHRDA event by my house. that cyl had 250psi of compression and kissed the crank :roflmao:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
yeah once mine warmed up, you would never know other than by balance rate. never knew it till the next morning headed to NHRDA event by my house. that cyl had 250psi of compression and kissed the crank :roflmao:

Yeah I figured once it warmed up it would be good but it wasn't, actually got worse. We might get around to it this weekend as I don't even have my trans back yet. On the other hand the daily has the old dual disc out of the race truck now. So something good came out of swapping the transmissions.