Fully adjustable, steel clutch pedal assembly!!

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I want the adjustable part, I need mine adjusted bad. I know a guy that broke 3 pedals before on his southbends too, so metals always nice. Mine feels like it's gonna break all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I want the adjustable part, I need mine adjusted bad. I know a guy that broke 3 pedals before on his southbends too, so metals always nice. Mine feels like it's gonna break all the time.

You must have a nasty plate load. Mines 3400 and 4500 at 5k, it's weighted. I only hit about 4300 rpms. I bet my pedal flexes but I don't think I'm close to breaking one lol. I'm just wanting a steel one myself, I'm just gonna get a pedal out of something else and modifie it

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Mine bends to the side. And press it all the way to the floor. It's a swap though, so it doesn't have the weld on bracket on top. But the guy I know who broke them was the test dummy for their some of their clutches, he spent all season not even getting off the line cause of issues.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Mine bends to the side. And press it all the way to the floor. It's a swap though, so it doesn't have the weld on bracket on top. But the guy I know who broke them was the test dummy for their some of their clutches, he spent all season not even getting off the line cause of issues.

Mine does that too. Does yours click ever? Mine randomly clicks about 1/3 of the way down and I can't figure out why. It drives me batshit crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Mine does that too. Does yours click ever? Mine randomly clicks about 1/3 of the way down and I can't figure out why. It drives me batshit crazy.

There's a white plastic bushing that clips over the end if the slave rod. I broke that and mine clicked

Ed04zf6

Ed04zf6
Oct 21, 2012
Nh
The click is the switches inside the clutch switch. At least on mine. When the switch wasn't working it didn't click. When I replaced it it started clicking again. The other reason to have a working clutch switch is so you can run at the track. When I have ran they checked for one.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
There's a white plastic bushing that clips over the end if the slave rod. I broke that and mine clicked
I'll check the bushing but it was a new gm piece when I did the swap a few months ago.
The click is the switches inside the clutch switch. At least on mine. When the switch wasn't working it didn't click. When I replaced it it started clicking again. The other reason to have a working clutch switch is so you can run at the track. When I have ran they checked for one.
No clutch switch in my truck yet. But thanks for reminding me to get on rockauto and order the pigtail right now.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I'll check the bushing but it was a new gm piece when I did the swap a few months ago.

No clutch switch in my truck yet. But thanks for reminding me to get on rockauto and order the pigtail right now.

Hm well that's probably good then. Cool be alot of things I guess

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I think it has something to do with the pedal mounting like madmax said. Without that 3rd bolt up top it really isn't as stable and sturdy as an original zf truck

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI

I can barely move my truck because of pedal flex I gotta figure something out

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I know it sucks! I actually have a piece of all thread ran down to it from the dash frame. But it still sucks.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I bought it too. But then I started to tear it down to weld it in and put it back together lol. Like seriously everything on the dash has to come out

Mikesmithdmax

Jul 11, 2014
Sorry fellas I had forgotten all about posting this on here, I scrapped this original idea on the last truck I replaced the pedal in... the new design utilizes the stock push rod and ball on the master cylinder... this way you won't have to do any wire splicing or cutting on your truck. I've only made 3 pedals for local guys, and the one in my last zf6 truck. First 2 had the safety switch disabled, but the latest design I did it on a 6.0 5 speed truck, everything is 100% custom fabbed, and compared to the one I posted pictures of on here, the new design is engineered much better. I have an idea also for a kit that will use your stock plastic pedal arm, you'll have to drill the pivot point out for a supplied bushing, remove your pedal bracket, install my steel bracket. And push the new steel piviot pin thru the assembly. Just an idea, but im thinking itd be a more economical fix for most guys.

I'm not sure how to exactly go about selling anything on the net.... I do have a PayPal account from eBay. Maybe one of yall maybe able to help,

Be patient with me on replying, I've got 1000 different things going on, and honestly don't have a chance to get on here a whole lot. My email is -------- [email protected] thanks for the intrest