Full air bag with rear 4 link build

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm sure updates will be slow, but I'll try to keep on top of this the best I can. This is being done by a friend of mine, Josh Chambers (screen name is chambersj on here). It started about a month ago with a stock frame that had a DJM 3/5 lowering kit. As of now, it has an almost completed notched frame and lower links. The links are 2" .188 wall DOM sleeved with 2.5" .120 wall DOM. Front joints are massive Uniball joints, and the rear is a Delrin bushing. With the size of the notch, the rear can drop a full foot lower the rear of my frame is right now. I don't know if it will end up being able to go that low with the bed on, but I'm hoping he'll get it figured out. Here are a few pics I snapped today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0746 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0746 (Copy).JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_0747 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0747 (Copy).JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0748 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0748 (Copy).JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0749 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0749 (Copy).JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0752 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0752 (Copy).JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_0753 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0753 (Copy).JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 577

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Cant wait to see the finished product, that fab table looks pretty nice too, whats the idea behind the sleeved DOM?

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Looks good Josh :thumb::thumb:
I've been wanting to get rid of my leaf springs for some air bags and a link setup being around all the air ride semi's.
I've looked at my Dad FL60 and its not that completed.

Keep up the good work and pictures :woott:
Tell your friend to walk the cup when we tig welds next time, welds look better, haha. Just kidding, his welds look good :thumb:

Yellowchevy

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
sweet! those are some massive bars! That C-Notch doesn't look to be so big that it will need a tubed/notched bed, cant tell how far the diff sticks up though.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Cant wait to see the finished product, that fab table looks pretty nice too, whats the idea behind the sleeved DOM?
The 2.5" by itself didn't seem like it would be strong enough for the lowers on its own, so we found the 2" to reinforce it. With the torque these diesels put out, there will be a lot of force in those lower links.
Josh, I like the setup! How do you plan on dealing with the transmission pan sitting so low?
Right now he has a deep PPE pan. I'm not sure what he's going to do about that. He may have to put the stock pan back on, but I'm not sure.
sweet! those are some massive bars! That C-Notch doesn't look to be so big that it will need a tubed/notched bed, cant tell how far the diff sticks up though.
He set the notches so that even if he set it all the way down, the diff will just touch the bottom of the bed. He does not want to touch the bed floor, he will have to cut the bed support that runs over the axle to clear the notch, but that's all he wants to cut. He's also talking about doing cantilever shocks and mounting them horizontally.

chambersj

Dec 6, 2010
Were getting one piece done a Saturday haha
I'm hoping I can get the front to lay as low as the rear. I just don't know how low the CVS will let me go

chambersj

Dec 6, 2010
Its been a quadrasteer dmax just in the process of bagging it now. Idk if any of yall have ever rode in a quadrasteer before, but cornering in one with the tow mode on is awesome. There's almost no body roll. Take 55 mph corners at 95+. I'll be posting more pictures after this weekend.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Its been a quadrasteer dmax just in the process of bagging it now. Idk if any of yall have ever rode in a quadrasteer before, but cornering in one with the tow mode on is awesome. There's almost no body roll. Take 55 mph corners at 95+. I'll be posting more pictures after this weekend.

i know there was talk of someone converting one.. years ago... never knew someone actually completed one...

and yeah i have road in quadrasteer not a dmax though