LB7: Fuel problems

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
i have put injection pump fuel lines filter preasure regulater injectors i got more in parts than i got in the truck so i need some help i dont know what else to check
Your going to have to bottle test it to see if your returning to much fuel to the tank.You dont have enough fuel presure to keep the truck running at idle so you have an injector stuck open the fprv is sending the fuel back to the tank or your sucking air at the filter head.

hammerwood

Sep 21, 2012
IL
OK I HAVE NOW REPLACED THE CP3 PUMP, FUEL FILTER, AND FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR. AND IT WILL STILL WONT START. IM NOT GETTING ANY FUEL TO THE INJECTORS, I UNPLUGED THE WIRES AND TRIED TO START IT AND NO FUEL WENT SPRAYING, IT JUST DRIPPED. THE PUMP IS WORKING BUT ITS LIKE SOMETHING HAS THE FUEL SHUT OFF. ANY IDEAS:mad:

hammerwood

Sep 21, 2012
IL
I even bought a computer to hook up to my truck to tell me what codes its flashing and all it is saying is glow plugs and air intake heater
would those cause it to not start
plus my dash board is still not showing any oil pressure

rmk800ak

Jun 27, 2009
Fairbanks AK.
Try plugging the fuel rail with a race plug i had my releif valve not seat after doing a shim job and it made the truck not run right then i messed with it again and tried to shim it solid and it lost fuel pressure and died wouldn't start till i finally fanageled the valve in place till my plug came in? maybe yours has a issue. do a bottle test crank it over and check if there fuel on cranking it might be a cheap fix! I used the XDP one. Had the same conditions as you with the loosing prime and not starting. hope it helps :)

hammerwood

Sep 21, 2012
IL
got it all back together and still no start i used a shot of starting fluid and kept it going with my foot on the peddle and was watching my code reader and it is giveing me limp mode 0093 and wont rev up over 1900 rpm so any thoughts my nerves r shot love my duramax but just cant take much more

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
0093 is a low rail pressure code. As stated search the bottle test and attempt that, but before you spend any more time do two simple things:
Check for leaks at the hard lines
Rebuild your fuel filter head.
Do not:
Buy any more parts before you diagnose the problem

hammerwood

Sep 21, 2012
IL
ok done the bottle test and it is sending the fuel back to the tank instead of pressureing the rails so what couses this learning as i go and apriciate all the help everybody has given me any ideas on this problem

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Ok now you can eliminate the injectors by removing all the glow plugs

remove the inj fuses in the fuse box have 1 personon each side of the motor watching the glow plug holes and have someone crank the motor over and watch the glow plug holes for fuel mist coming out.Which ever holes are misting is your problem injector/s.if no mist reasseble and then on to the fprv and then your down to fpr or cp3 the truck runs with a snort of starter fluid im fairly sure the cp3 and fpr are ok.

hammerwood

Sep 21, 2012
IL
figured out the the fuel isnt geting to the rails its leaving the pump and goingstrait to the return line

hammerwood

Sep 21, 2012
IL
truck was runing great but now it blew a cloud of white smoke and knocked and died and wont start back any new ideas

Nuts84

Sep 1, 2013
I have a 2007 Classic 3500 chevyWhen i Pull anything with this truck the engine light comes on and truck go in Shut down Mode it Does not do it all the time Just most of the time And I cannot figure out why don't know what to do is there anybody That can help me with this problem. It will also do it running empty some time's

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I would have rebuilt the fuel filter head first which Is a cheap thing to do first before spending big bucks now it sounds like you have a injector problem. My suggestion is rebuild the filter head now. I bet it will start but now you will have to replace a injector. Just my opinion. But hope it helps