front end upgrades

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
thinking about upgrading my tierods. Wondering what alll upgrades to the frontend you guys recommend. Been looking at the dmaxstore ones.

Thanks

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Only reason I have kryptonite tie rods over rare parts is I won a bet/dare and my buddy had to buy them for me lol but whatever you get grease them often and they'll last long time :D

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I mean a lot of guys are getting their whole centerlink and specific to it tierods and all the other stuff they have stage 3? I think

Op if you're just wanting tierods is def go with dmax store just because of price and warranty. They are identical to the rare parts g2 but have a better warranty and are 20 bucks cheaper.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
I've had awesome luck with my kryptonite stuff, and it launches straight as can be. I definitely don't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
The Dmaxstore XD tie rods (not the kryptonite parts) don't have a better warranty. If you want lifetime you need the kryptonite parts and they're +$100 over Rareparts.

It's complete overkill to spend $700+ on a kryptonite centerlink and tie rods, let alone $1200+ for the "stage 3" kit. If your front end is wore out, it may justify itself a little, but for how many people just throw on a set of sleeves and a DHD brace and have excellent luck, I don't see the point.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
The Dmaxstore XD tie rods (not the kryptonite parts) don't have a better warranty. If you want lifetime you need the kryptonite parts and they're +$100 over Rareparts.

It's complete overkill to spend $700+ on a kryptonite centerlink and tie rods, let alone $1200+ for the "stage 3" kit. If your front end is wore out, it may justify itself a little, but for how many people just throw on a set of sleeves and a DHD brace and have excellent luck, I don't see the point.

Have you gotten on the rareparts website and read their warranty? The XD is $20 cheaper with a better warranty.

As far as kryptonite I would prefer a straight centerlink over the kryptonite centerlink. You're not gonna break an xd so unless you plan on keeping the truck I'd save the pennies.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
XD parts from Dmaxstore is 3yrs, I don't see how that's better. Yes the Rareparts has a lot of fine print, but like you said what are the chances you wear out/ break either one?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I got fabtech tie rods and they've held up better than I thought. I wouldn't hesitate buying another set.

And extra 150 bucks for a lifetime warranty? No thanks. You do realize you need to send in your broken parts before they will send you replacements. So if you need your truck you'll be heading to the parts store to buy a replacement anyway. That makes sleeves easier to deal with. If you could get them off in the salt belt.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Your choice. Whatever you're comfortable spending. Sleeves should be plenty

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Have you gotten on the rareparts website and read their warranty? The XD is $20 cheaper with a better warranty.

As far as kryptonite I would prefer a straight centerlink over the kryptonite centerlink. You're not gonna break an xd so unless you plan on keeping the truck I'd save the pennies.

Kryptonite Centerlink is strait...

I ran there stage 3 kit on my 05, like others have said its really only worth the cost if your going to rebuild everything on a high mileage truck, I had over 240k when I did mine, and man what a difference!!..low mileage trucks will be fine with sleeves and maybe the braces..imho

Here's a pic from when I did mine, for comparison

Last edited:

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
Mine has 223k on it, has moog tierods but was in a frontend wreck at about 200k or so and wondering how strong the center link is. Think both my arms need changed so i figured i would do it all at once. Which arms did u go with? And which braces?