Fluidampr balancers

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Been doing some research and seems people say the ATI damper is the way to go overall. Some people say under 4000rpm and the fluidampr is better. Doubt I will ever be spinning over 4000 rpm even if I built the engine.

Only reason im asking if the fluidampr is a good choice is because I won 1st place in the bully dog single turbo dyno class last night up in pocatello idaho. Along with $300 cash, fluidampr gave me a $200 gift certificate towards any of there diesel fluidamprs. The certificate expires december 31st so I have some time to weigh my options.

What do you guys think?

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Not sure about them for the diesels but I ran one on my big block Chevelle and have one on the 496 stroker in my 56. The 496 has yet to be started but the one in my Chevelle was trouble free and never heard anything bad about them just good.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Been doing some research and seems people say the ATI damper is the way to go overall. Some people say under 4000rpm and the fluidampr is better. Doubt I will ever be spinning over 4000 rpm even if I built the engine.

Only reason im asking if the fluidampr is a good choice is because I won 1st place in the bully dog single turbo dyno class last night up in pocatello idaho. Along with $300 cash, fluidampr gave me a $200 gift certificate towards any of there diesel fluidamprs. The certificate expires december 31st so I have some time to weigh my options.

What do you guys think?

Cool congrats! How much hp did you lay down? How hot was it near 100?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
It was about 85 degrees. Not too bad. Single turbo class isnt super competitive, 740.1 horse got me 1st place. My poor engine:rofl:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Ya wish I'd done the dyno when you did it was hot as shit when I went next time I'll either be in a whole different class or a 75mm. Congrats on the win though:thumb:

Thanks man, thought for sure you were going to bump me. Im pissed I didnt do the dirt drags. That looked so damn fun. Hopefully next year I will have a built engine. I was too scared to break something 180 miles from home with nothing to tow my truck back with.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Isnt the Fluidampr heavier than OEM? Ever read the crankshaft stuff Mike? Fingers posted that adding mnore weight onto the nose may actually be the right idea. Just a thought.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
ive had a fluidampr on mine for a little more than 2 years, my truck gets raped, sees well over 4000 rpm regularly and I have not seen any issues yet.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Dimitri will bring every truck he has.... Then he will take 1st place in all 3 classes screwing every joe blow under 1200 horse out of any winnings. I think its bullshit that people come in and clean house on these events. People should only be allowed to claim prize money/winnings in one class per event. Make it fair for everyone so more than a select few can have any fun. Knowing you have zero chance at any winnings kills the sport.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Dimitri will bring every truck he has.... Then he will take 1st place in all 3 classes screwing every joe blow under 1200 horse out of any winnings. I think its bullshit that people come in and clean house on these events. People should only be allowed to claim prize money/winnings in one class per event. Make it fair for everyone so more than a select few can have any fun. Knowing you have zero chance at any winnings kills the sport.

Couldn't have said it better. Participants should only be allowed to place once in one class.