Finally started the LB7 to LBZ swap

Car RamRod

Right Meow!
Apr 12, 2009
Just west of Mobile, AL
Went though all my parts yesterday, I'm sure I have all I need now. I got drug out to do after x-mas shopping today, uhg! Started pulling her apart tonight, shooting on fireing it up by the end of the year. :thumb:

Car RamRod

Right Meow!
Apr 12, 2009
Just west of Mobile, AL
Better get crackin on it you have a day.

Yep, I know I'll at least have it in there, we'll see how the day goes.

Hey thorny how bout some pictures of the swap?

Got some on my phone, no time to up load and post though.

He must be Busy :confused:

busy as a bee! the front stack is out, t case and alli are on the deck, wire harness is out, just gotta hook up the chain and unbolt the motor mounts and the LB7 is on it's way to the next truck.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
I read your other thread, are you running it as an LBZ 6 speed with the new harness?

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
You ran into issues because you cant put a LBZ into an 03 LB7 truck. It wolnt work.
;)

What Tom said.....

Ramrod, just replied to your PM. For anyone else looking to do this, there's an orange wire in the fuseblock C2 connector at position F4 that needs to get moved to A5. Pinouts actually aren't a whole lot of help since according to every one I've seen, F4 is unused in 2004 & 2006, A5 is +12 in 2004, but not used in 2006.

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Im messing with RamRod, I actually talked to him and supplied him with some wire diagrams.
Cougar, that blew my mind I checked every year and multiple sources for each year and every diagram had f4 unused, yet RamRod told me there are two orange wires in there.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Here's the other pinout info that I used. C100 needs a few pins moved/added.

On the truck side of C100, I Moved the brown/white "MIL Control" wire in position "G" to Position "J" (The "Engine On Signal" wire is unused in our trucks). I connected the Tap up/Tap down wire to the grey "CPP Switch" wire in position "B" (which is obviously unused with the Allison), Added GMLAN+ to Position "F" and GMLAN- to Position "G".

Note, this is for my 04 LLY; in theory, all 03-05 trucks SHOULD share the same pinout.

Car RamRod

Right Meow!
Apr 12, 2009
Just west of Mobile, AL
Some of my issues figureing this out is because my harness id for a 3500 C&C with PTO. I did get it all figured out though. I left the gray wire in place and tapped into the other end of it. It runs to the brake light switch harness. The harness has an unused purple loop wire too, I just cut it and moved the pin over one. One less wire to run.

I know the LLY to LBZ has been done, but has the LB7 to LBZ been done yet?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Im messing with RamRod, I actually talked to him and supplied him with some wire diagrams.
Cougar, that blew my mind I checked every year and multiple sources for each year and every diagram had f4 unused, yet RamRod told me there are two orange wires in there.

Ah gotcha...;)