FICM Wiring

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Anyone have a FICM wiring schematic for an 05 LLY? I have one coming that is bowing the fuse for the EDU as soon as the key is turned on. fixed the rub issue a week ago on the alt bracket and there was a wire rubbed through on that and causing a miss. so last night I put a fuse in and as soon as the key is turned on it blows the fuse. so I unhooked the ficm connectors and still blows the fuse immediately. I plan on checking continuity from the harness side of the fuse to ground and moving the harness around but would like to know what wire in the harness supplies power to the FICM. Or what else it supplies power to.

He said he went to pull out of his driveway and it just shut off an that was it. never started again.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
This is all I could find for a wiring diagram. Hopefully between this and what John posted, you'll be good.

Attachments

• 117401242.gif
    117401242.gif
    64.2 KB · Views: 192

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Didn't try that it was getting dark last night and he just lives up the road so he is going to tow it to my shop and I will dig into it tonight.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Found it, it was the lower of the two drivers side valve cover connectors but on the engine side. the pink power wire had worn through along time ago but it finally wore through the paint on the bracket holding the connectors and shorted out,

Powellbr

Nov 17, 2015
First off, thanks for the diagrams, I also was looking for a wiring schematic, and was wondering if there was any change in wiring for the FICM between the LLY and LML. Thanks in advance.