Facebook Marketplace find of the year

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Been looking for another set of H2 wheels for a while but they have gotten more expensive than I was willing to pay.

So browsing marketplace Monday I ran across a guy parting out a 2500hd work truck and saw it had H2 wheels on it. Being curious, asked how much he wanted for them.

Needless to say, I bought a set of Boulder H2 wheels for $100.
fd08d087e95dbe54706be618cb8f768d.jpg
9e1d458c7cd8e97d3b1cfa707682b30a.jpg
45456ad33f21f1e6efb9bd65bae67740.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
That’s a good find. It’s insane how expensive they have gotten. Back in the day I called a local Hummer dealer asking about take-offs. They happened to have a set they just took off for customs and they wanted $400 for them, but I had to take the spare too. Oh darn, yeah I’m on my way. Pretty much brand new too.
Even better story, I was at Mike’s shop getting the trans done in the “04 and was talking about center caps and that I thought the newer 07+ center caps looked better on them, and he happened to have a set and gave them to me.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
when Boulder was selling off their remaining stock, I found and used a coupon and got
Mine for $61/ea including shipping. I shared that info and a lot of guys grabbed sets and then poof - gone. Suddenly they were for sale on DHD for a lot more, lol.

Reactions: countrycorey

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
That’s a good find. It’s insane how expensive they have gotten. Back in the day I called a local Hummer dealer asking about take-offs. They happened to have a set they just took off for customs and they wanted $400 for them, but I had to take the spare too. Oh darn, yeah I’m on my way. Pretty much brand new too.
Even better story, I was at Mike’s shop getting the trans done in the “04 and was talking about center caps and that I thought the newer 07+ center caps looked better on them, and he happened to have a set and gave them to me.
I couldnt believe i ran across them like that! My first set of H2s was a brand new set of takeoffs (all 5) for $300 plus shipping from Arkansas. I remember seeing these wheels on Boulders website for ~$150 each back in the day.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
when Boulder was selling off their remaining stock, I found and used a coupon and got
Mine for $61/ea including shipping. I shared that info and a lot of guys grabbed sets and then poof - gone. Suddenly they were for sale on DHD for a lot more, lol.
Nice!

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Oh hell yes that was a good find. Remember back in the day when those would be well over $1000 for a set?
Thanks Tom!

Absolutely. I also ran across a set of the 20" H2 wheels for $600, but I wanted to go back to the 17" H2 wheels from the denali 20s I have now.
42449bbfd62db7bea6e76036b465570f.jpg

Reactions: TheBac and Bdsankey

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Only downside is that they are really heavy!

Attachments

• IMG_9165.png
    IMG_9165.png
    644.8 KB · Views: 16

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Now, does anyone have any chrome Chevy LMM center caps?

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I ran mine with the Chevy LMM center caps, so it's doable but a bitch. You'll need to carve out some of the inside of the cap to seat deeper against the wheel. That may or not be enough to let the cap's threads mate to the lug nuts. I went to some Dorman (? I think Dorman) lug nuts that had a slightly taller thread, and the mating was a little better. When you install, put the socket in your hand and hold the cap on firmly as you start 12, 2, 4, 6, 8, & 10 o'clock. Then go back and do the rest. Anything other than dead-on and you'll fubar a plastic thread. NEVER let anyone else put them on for you; eg. tire shop, etc.

Sticking a little rtv on there before engaging the 1 thread you're going to get should help keep them from loosening. I used to walk around and check them all the time for looseness.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I ran mine with the Chevy LMM center caps, so it's doable but a bitch. You'll need to carve out some of the inside of the cap to seat deeper against the wheel. That may or not be enough to let the cap's threads mate to the lug nuts. I went to some Dorman (? I think Dorman) lug nuts that had a slightly taller thread, and the mating was a little better. When you install, put the socket in your hand and hold the cap on firmly as you start 12, 2, 4, 6, 8, & 10 o'clock. Then go back and do the rest. Anything other than dead-on and you'll fubar a plastic thread. NEVER let anyone else put them on for you; eg. tire shop, etc.

Sticking a little rtv on there before engaging the 1 thread you're going to get should help keep them from loosening. I used to walk around and check them all the time for looseness.
That's what I had on my first set of H2s and i had no issues with the being secure with the original threads. I wish I didn't let them go with my old wheels.

I do still have my original LBZ chrome center caps I can use if necessary