Engine build

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Some of you may know I lost a piston lastnight, well think so anyway. I gotta get it fixed one way or another soon. I may end up doing a minor build which would consist of lb7 pistons (probably just cut), carrilo rods and the 3 keyways. May just end up going back with stock parts, not sure yet. But just wondering here, I am sure the machine shop will figure it out for me... What kind of extra work needs to be done to allow for the lb7 pistons in my lbz? adding mallory to the crank, shave counterweight, have to use the lb7 crank?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Some of you may know I lost a piston lastnight, well think so anyway. I gotta get it fixed one way or another soon. I may end up doing a minor build which would consist of lb7 pistons (probably just cut), carrilo rods and the 3 keyways. May just end up going back with stock parts, not sure yet. But just wondering here, I am sure the machine shop will figure it out for me... What kind of extra work needs to be done to allow for the lb7 pistons in my lbz? adding mallory to the crank, shave counterweight, have to use the lb7 crank?
Send henry a pm and ask him he will know exactly what you need to do and you can get a price on the motor stuff at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
Yep , which will in turn weaken an already proven crank that has been breaking on stock trucks

Built motor , duel fuelers , 60's overs , gtx4202r

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
All I was saying was that if you keep taking material from something that is already weak , you stand a chance of it breaking quicker. That was my point.........

Built motor , duel fuelers , 60's overs , gtx4202r

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You're not taking material away from where the crankshaft has its strength. Counterweights are along for the ride.
I agree. Counterweights are not a load bearing part of the crankshaft. They create a load or counteract a load. However you want to look at it.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'm gonna pull the engine and do the install. I haven't got a chance to talk to the machine shop today as they close at noon Friday and I didn't know that... Anyways for the ones that have had theres built, do you guys bring the engine to them bare longblock, or leave it as it would come out of the truck? Like leave alternator, intake runners turbo ect? I have a feeling I will need to remove that stuff, just kinda curious. ps. Mitch I am probably going to Smiths... 2 of my dads buddies suggested that place aswell.