Dpc 2014

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
and anothers years thread bitching about DPC.....

:roflmao:
Yep. Bottom line, it's a marketing gimmick to sell magazines. I like it. I notice all you guys bitching about it are following along with the results...

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I think it should be required that you complete every event. If you can't your disqualified completely. And no magazine coverage bragging up your huge dynos numbers that happened right before you shit everything out. People would pay way more attention to reliability instead of how much nitrous they can shoot in on the dyno or dragstrip.

Carnage is cool from a spectator standpoint but this is getting ridiculous.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think it should be required that you complete every event. If you can't your disqualified completely.
Unless something has changed, if you break or otherwise can't finish an event, you are out and can't compete in any of the remaining events after that.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Would you rather they go back to only counting torque like they did in the past?

Exactly. I like the way they are scoring it now. Much more fair. Lavon's truck was a beast though! I cant remember what Chase's truck did uncorrected when I was there but I think it was close to 850hp and 1950lb/ft and just about every duramax in existence had no chance of creating more torque than that.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Exactly. I like the way they are scoring it now. Much more fair. Lavon's truck was a beast though! I cant remember what Chase's truck did uncorrected when I was there but I think it was close to 850hp and 1950lb/ft and just about every duramax in existence had no chance of creating more torque than that.

Didn't marks truck max out his dyno torque # at 2000lb/ft or 2500lb/ft?

Also I was interested in seeing dans truck and specifically Korys lml do good but I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for the last two duramax's. Yes this contest is kinda overdone, but it gets people's attention and makes them money.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I canceled my diesel power magazine subscription years ago with no intentions of ever renewing it. Last DPC video I saw was 2009....don't care to see 2010-2014 either.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I recall when this challenge was a big deal. I recall when Tomac (do you guys remember him?) was invited and competed. I suppose it's like all events they lose their luster.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Didn't marks truck max out his dyno torque # at 2000lb/ft or 2500lb/ft?

Also I was interested in seeing dans truck and specifically Korys lml do good but I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for the last two duramax's. Yes this contest is kinda overdone, but it gets people's attention and makes them money.

Mark who? Broviak?

That wasn't in elevation.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I recall when this challenge was a big deal. I recall when Tomac (do you guys remember him?) was invited and competed. I suppose it's like all events they lose their luster.

Oh I remember him.

I don't believe it lacks luster, it's more of like a sequel to a movie. Then next one has to improve upon the last one or people will think it sucked and move one. If the mag can't find ways to keep people entertained , the event is worthless. This means escalating things and changing up crap to broaden it's viewer base. Kinda like when a new show comes on that isn't quite scripted yet, then the years that follow get more and more scripted to create more drama or excitement

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I've heard from several of the competitors and a few of the winners, that they just make up rules as they go along, and it's a total Sh*t show.

There aren't supposed to be any "shops" that enter, but we all know that "rule" gets bent every year by the same guys....and Kennedy lets it happen. (almost encourages it imo)

Last gripe... what does drag racing with a trailer in tow prove about a trucks capabilities..... or the trailer obstacle course for that matter? I could care less about driver skill. I want to see the trucks perform.

Because any dumb redneck can put it on the floor and squeeze the n2o, I think the obstacle course is neat.

I don't see a reason to complain, if they want to put on a show and sell magazines let em do it. Its not all over the news, stay off diesel websites for 3 days and you'll never hear about it. :thumb:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Maybe some other past entrants may disagree, but the best part of the DPC is learning from others, and learning from your own mistakes, to make yourself and your truck better. It throws you out of your element and that is something A LOT of people have trouble with.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I love the "real world" test. MPG, obstacle course give average guys that don't have all the secret squirrel parts and know how a chance.

Sent from a ditch being dug near you using Tapatalk