Downpipe removal

GTA23109a

<-- Prius owners love me
May 9, 2007
Bakersfield, CA
How easily do the downpipes come out of our trucks? Do you have to put them on a lift, remove the turbo, etc., or will they come out without too much hassle?

Thanks!

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Nope, no lift needed. Hardest part is getting to the v-band at the back of the turbo. Once you get the GPCM out of the way the install is a breeze.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
No need to take the GPCM off, I have done several without removing it. Its a little tough to get the v band off with it in the way, but then again its harder to get the gpcm bracket off.

GTA23109a

<-- Prius owners love me
May 9, 2007
Bakersfield, CA
Ok, that makes sense. There's some hi-temp wrap that was loosely put on when my turbo was installed, but it's coming undone. I want to get the downpipe out and re-wrap it properly.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It helps if you pull the transmission dipstick. Might even be a requirement; it's been a long time since I pulled the stock downpipe.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Nope, no lift needed. Hardest part is getting to the v-band at the back of the turbo. Once you get the GPCM out of the way the install is a breeze.

X2

No need to take the GPCM off, I have done several without removing it. Its a little tough to get the v band off with it in the way, but then again its harder to get the gpcm bracket off.

Paul FWIW the LMM imo it is better to remove the GPCM :)