Deleting the factory fuel filter?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
True.

You could delete the filter and bypass both the FICM and test port by using one of those PPE 3/8" nipples, a short piece of 3/8" fuel line and one of these, couldnt you?

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Was just brainstorming an idea. Move the FICM up and out onto the fenderwell like some of the other guys have. Eliminates a potential leak issue if fuel pressure too high.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Nothing but air.

Kinda like moving the PMD on an old 6.5

Anyway, back to topic.....I looked around and couldnt find anything remotely close to a 180* hose-to-hose fitting. But since the two fuel lines to the filter have 90s molded into them, though...wouldnt it be simpler to turn the outlet hose around to face the inlet hose (have to trim the inlet down a bit to match, Id think) and connect them with a 1/2"-1/2" straight hose barb?

Sorry, just working off memory of when I re-installed the lines earlier this year. I may be wrong, and frequently am. If so, ignore.

FamilyWagon

Jul 7, 2010
Western Mass
:thumb:Digging this one up, just installed my Air Dog II and want to bypass the factory filter. Is everyone talking about looping the two lines in the filter head unit or somewhere else? Pictures would be AWESOME! too.:thumb:

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
can a person just buy ppe's ported fuel inlet then a short piece of 3/8's and adapt up to 1/2" and just run the air dog fuel line straight to the back of the pump? there is no sense in having it run thru the factory filter and lines if this is possible. i have been pondering this and havent looked at it too hard but my only concern is the returns.

Cummins_Killa

Fiend For The Smoke
May 6, 2011
Cail.
i know this thread is older but hopefully someone responds. what about the sensor on the bottom of the filter. i would not want my truck saying Change Fuel Filter everytime i go to start it what is there to do about that?

Dec 2, 2006
TN
i know this thread is older but hopefully someone responds. what about the sensor on the bottom of the filter. i would not want my truck saying Change Fuel Filter everytime i go to start it what is there to do about that?

That's just the WIF (water in fuel) sensor and when you unplug it, it has no effects on lights popping up, etc.

It won't make you change your filter. The ECM computes that.

Cummins_Killa

Fiend For The Smoke
May 6, 2011
Cail.
ohh ok just double checking thank you for filling me in and im going to go take my filter and housing off right now :thumb: