deleting rear brakes

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Bringing this back up, working on my pinion brake setup and looking for some more pics of different setups.

Also, any reason to go to the pinion vs back of the t-case? Or shouldn't matter?

Last edited:

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Looks like a nice setup, but seems pricey for not having a caliper with it and having to adapt it to fit.

Are you still running the factory style balancer on your driveshaft?

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
What about mounting a rotor too the driveshaft balancer? Or is it better to pull the yoke off and mount rotor to the pinion?

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Looks like a nice setup, but seems pricey for not having a caliper with it and having to adapt it to fit.

Are you still running the factory style balancer on your driveshaft?

I have a DHD billet 1480 yoke. I was thinking you could drill and tap the bolt pattern in the back of the yoke and bolt the mounting flange to it.

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
Easiest way would be to switch to the companion flange setup from the Dodge. Then make an adapter plate to go to a rotor of your choice. That is not the cheapest way but easiest, probably the strongest also.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Bringing this back up, working on my pinion brake setup and looking for some more pics of different setups.

Also, any reason to go to the pinion vs back of the t-case? Or shouldn't matter?

I don't really thing it would matter, but technically if you do it at the pinion your u joints will already be loaded up. Less shock load on release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Fittings are 5/16". I removed my whole abs module. It was a heavy little guy, surprised me when I took it out

Ohh really, that is surprising. I didn't think it would weight anything looking at it so I was just gonna plug it. I'll prolly pull it off too.

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
So did you just run new lines to the front brakes of the master ? Or just like put a t to tie the front input to the abs to the direct flow straight to the front brakes?

I currently have it setup with just a line from each output in the master cylinder to each front caliper. Worked great and held fine. Changing it to add the driveline brake to help with spooling now tho, still running the auto I needed alittle bit more to hold it back.