December '23 Chat --- It's Christmastime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Well Happy Birthday to Her! I am sure they are celebrating in the after life.

I am sure you will fix the title too... ;)

Reactions: TheBac

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
My wife is sick and has requested that I go find her a Charlie Brown tree of about 5-1/2’. She kill’s me with this CB crap every year. She sent my daughter (another CB tree lover) with me. I live in NJ and trees are just insultingly expensive. Average 6’ trees are $110 in the local lot. $65 if I go to the farms 45-1hr away. So in the spirit of A Christmas Story, I went to to local lot to haggle!

It’s raining and shitty and there weren’t any customers; odds were in my favor! The kid comes out to make a sale. I told him what I wanted. Hmm. He pointed me to some kindling. The kind of shit where Home Depot buys their best 2x4’s. I told him to show me the tree he can’t sell and I’d see if I could look within to cut it up into a Christmas tree at home. Winner!

Now the game is afoot! Tree was discounted to $95. Long story short - $50 and I walked it out myself.

Lest I leave this story with me as a winner, I gave the remaining $50 to my daughter to use for a trip to Philly for a concert on Friday 🤦‍♂️🤣.

As the Baron cried out - MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND(s)!!!!

Wally

Attachments

• IMG_8938.jpeg
    IMG_8938.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.