LBZ: danville 2.5 turbo??

nc-12vpower

Mar 25, 2013
NC
im looking to go with a Danville 2.5, but some people say that my stock cp3 will not keep the rail pressure up. What are yaws information on this? truck is a daily driver, pulls work stock

thanks

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Unless your pump is hurt, it should provide plenty of fuel to get that charger lit. Like Travis said above though, the rail pressure will only have issues if the tuning is off.

nc-12vpower

Mar 25, 2013
NC
i know its nothing to do with the turbo, just didnt kow if the stock pump would hold rail pressure like it needed to with a larger turbo over stock one

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
i know its nothing to do with the turbo, just didnt kow if the stock pump would hold rail pressure like it needed to with a larger turbo over stock one
Turbo has nothing to do with rail pressure at all. You could put a massive turbo on a truck with a hurt stock pump. Rail pressure will not be effected until you change the tuning.

nc-12vpower

Mar 25, 2013
NC
yes im asking if i go to a 2.5 will it be beneficial, my stock pump is in good shape... just trying to make sure that im taking the right path

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
I don't have as much experience as some other guys, but more air is always a good thing, if you have enough fuel to spool it. Which I'm certain you would.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
stock fueling can always use more air. you have enough stock to overdrive the turbo quite a bit.

please dont use rail pressure as reference, all you doing is confusing us. if your at max pulse width and your not dropping rail pressure, a bigger turbo will take advantage of the fuel your stock turbo cant clean up (and yes, you will have too much fuel for the stock turbo to clean up)

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I had that same exact turbo. I honestly HATED IT, but there is a story behind it that I won't go into, in the end it was my fault for not knowing what I was buying/mis communication from the seller.

Stock fuel spools it right up as it still has a stock inducer size, (63.5mm) with a 94mm exducer, modified vanes and IIRC a 67mm 10 blade turbine wheel with some exhaust housing machine work done to it. Spools up like stock but does need vane position changes to make it spool right because of the modified vanes. Mark has said that turbo is capable of right around the 700 HP range while still being work stock legal.

WI Huck

Where does the time go?
Feb 8, 2012
If you have black smoke now you can use more air. That turbo will accomplish that. If you were not running the work stock class you could go bigger.

nc-12vpower

Mar 25, 2013
NC
Yeah I still have black smoke. I could go bigger than 2.5 because they don't tech the trucks like they should,and they let people get away with it but ima keep mine legal, no matter what you do people will always talk haha

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I run one of Danville's 2.5 chargers on my LMM. Very nice upgrade, spools as easy as stock, good power and sweet sound.