Cruise Control cut out above 90 MPH

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Any idea why the cruise control would kick off above 90 mph?
Well that is above the posted legal speed limit of any highway, so that could be one reason. Manufacturers are not going to make it so cruise control will stay active at a speed it feels is to fast. My wifes G6 she used to have cut off at 75, and you had to drop below 70 before it would re eneable.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
There are 85mph speed limits out west by utah.. So not far fetched

No there arent. I've lived here my entire life, been down every road in this state and have never seen a posted limit higher than 80mph. And even the 80mph "test zones" are fairly new.

mechman3

no such thing as too fast
Jan 7, 2015
Saratoga Springs, Utah
No more test zones on Interstate 15 80mph is the max posted speed limit through most of south and central Utah...Even still 85 would technically be above the speed limit. But 90 mph was max on the cruise

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Back in the diablo preditor days my dad's lbz would let us set the cruise up to 105. We got in a line of cars rolling on i10 in west Texas. It cruised with the caddys and sports cars for about an hour. It's on 35s so rpm is lower, not sure if that would affect the top cruise control speed or not. Damn sure blew through the fuel. Have not tried that since it was efi tuned. Haven't tried with my lmm either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I had the cruise set on my old efi tuned lb7 at 94 I know, never tried higher.

Western Nebraska at 3am... No one cared.. It drank fuel. Also had 35s. Started set on 85 and got to the point where every once in a while I would just bump it up one more. I crossed into Wyoming at 90+ with the cruise set..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk