Cp3 conversion

DmaxDrew

Dec 24, 2014
Texas
Alright, it's time for a cp3 conversion. I'm tired of worrying about it. What pumps are you guys running? What pump do you recommend? They all seem relatively the same.

GM_Guy

Jan 21, 2016
Southeast MI
Exergy, ED, Fleece, S&S are who come to mind off the top of my head.

I know fleece makes a cp3 conversion package where you can buy it all together.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
I don't get why you pay so much more for the big modded pumps? To me a stock cp3 will give you enough power to kill the stock engine

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I don't get why you pay so much more for the big modded pumps? To me a stock cp3 will give you enough power to kill the stock engine

I've wondered that often too. Seems like tons of guys put 10mm on them with stock turbos. Low to mid 600's can be had with a good stock CP3

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Exergy gets my vote to.. And if you have no plans of doing more power than lower 600's than yes you don't need a stroker pump like was mentioned.. But if you wanna put on a twin turbo kit or something down the road then I'd say get the means for more fuel now lol.. Jmo

DmaxDrew

Dec 24, 2014
Texas
No plans of more power at this time. My next question is will I need a re- tune? I would think not with only a stock pump swap. But I'm not a tuning expert.

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
A stock cp3 cant kill an lml...... well shouldn't say cant but highly unlikely Yes you will need a retune, not sure as y but know does require a tune

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
When you go to a cp3 it's like putting a stroker pump on a 01 to 10 truck because the cp3 makes more volume than the cp4 does and the lml injectors return less fuel also. For 95 to 98% of the guys out there a good lbz/lmm pump is more than they will ever need for fuel.

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
No plans of more power at this time. My next question is will I need a re- tune? I would think not with only a stock pump swap. But I'm not a tuning expert.

Yes you will need a retune for the cp3. There is one kit that is drop in its the ii cp3 kit.

blackLTZ

May 6, 2016
South Texas!
Got a question I am about to do the swap as well on my lml, it's deleted but haven't taken out the egr cooler and valve, do I really have to take them out or they can stay there ?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Got a question I am about to do the swap as well on my lml, it's deleted but haven't taken out the egr cooler and valve, do I really have to take them out or they can stay there ?

Oh man I would sure take that out you don't want to have to put all that crap and the dosing system back in there.

DmaxDrew

Dec 24, 2014
Texas
Ok guys, ordered my Fleece cp3k pump today. I went to the only two diesel shops in town to see what the labor would be to do the conversion. The first shop seemed really low. The second shop said it would take 14 hours labor. That seems really high?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
with egr deleted 5 hours is about right. the 14 hours comes from the "fleece Price" that's how many hours they said when I called them to see what it takes to change it out. turbo doesn't need to come off, the bridge comes out easy.