Help: Coolant leak--Idler arm area

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
I believe it to be the lower rad hose going into the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side. Mine is leaking like crazy. As well as somewhere on the passenger side block. I didn't check that aluminum pipe going to the heater core. I just got the motor in last night and today was the real test run. I have two clamps on the lower radiator nub. The stock one and another hose clamp just above it. If someone could answer me this, the line that is aluminum and threads into the radiator, is that a coolant line, or a transmission cooler or oil cooler line?

Threads into the radiator and is aluminum? There are the transmission lines that run into the pass. side of the radiator, they are steel though I believe, and they are also a slip fit design with a clip to hold them in place. Maybe that is what you are looking at?

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I believe it to be the lower rad hose going into the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side. Mine is leaking like crazy. As well as somewhere on the passenger side block. I didn't check that aluminum pipe going to the heater core. I just got the motor in last night and today was the real test run. I have two clamps on the lower radiator nub. The stock one and another hose clamp just above it. If someone could answer me this, the line that is aluminum and threads into the radiator, is that a coolant line, or a transmission cooler or oil cooler line?

What year is your truck ? You might be talking about an oil cooler line, I'm not sure. I was under the inpression that the trans was cooler soley by the external cooler

ludacris

Feb 2, 2011
coolant leak

I had a coolant leak around the pittman arm. After reading some postings I tried tightening the hose clamp which was the problem. Just wanted to thank everyone for posting and helping each other out. Go duramax!