Converting a DRW to SRW

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I have a dual rear wheel LBZ with a flatbed and I want to lighten it up a bit. I really have no need for dual wheels. What would need to be done to convert it to single wheel? I already have a set of PYO's for it off my other truck. Is the front as simple as removing the adaptors? Also its a 2wd if that matters. I put this in the sled pulling forum, I know you guys are experienced in converting singles to duals.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
The front you can just un bolt the adapters.

Rear is a little different. The studs are to long and I don't believe factory wheels will bolt down right before the stud bottoms out..

Cab and chassis truck or dually truck? Rear axles are different widths.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The front you can just un bolt the adapters.

Rear is a little different. The studs are to long and I don't believe factory wheels will bolt down right before the stud bottoms out..

Cab and chassis truck or dually truck? Rear axles are different widths.

You can press new studs in. Or like I did I had my studs turned down at a machine shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I think a cab n chassis rear axle will have to have wheel spacers to make the track width right. Not sure how big though.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I remember something about the frame rails being narrower on a c/c truck and pads/mounts having to be narrowed on a p/u axle,could be mistaken,maybe it was the 88-00 style.

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Take the adapters off the front and I believe change the rear end because its a couple inches wider. Ive seen a couple trucks if you get the right offset wheels the front and back aren't too far off

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
C&C runs a 34" frame width vs 48" regular pickups run..

1/8-1/4" spacer is all you need to move the wheel out to tighten correctly with out bottoming out the wheel nuts on the stud shoulder
4.60" is the hub bore

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I think this rear end is narrower like mentioned before, with it being a flat bed I'm not too worried about the wheels being tucked in a little unless it causes other problems.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Thanks for the info, I remember a friend getting some 1/4" shims to keep his tires from rubbing his upper control arms. I'll look into those.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I've checked around and no one local has the spacers. I'm 30 minutes from everywhere lol. I'll probably do the same and just cut them out of some 16.5" wheels I have in the weeds.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
If anyone needs a good set of 6 dually wheels I have them for sale, what's a fair asking price? Is there even a demand for 16" wheels?