Concealed Carry Holsters

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Anyone here use a ITWB (In the waste band) holster? I've got a 32" waste and borrowed a Galco leather holster from a friend of mine and have a Springfield XDs .45 in it. I can't get it comfortable anywhere I put it. Was wondering if anyone uses any other ITWB holster and how comfortable are they? I've tried it on the side, in the front, in the back, middle you name it and it just doesn't feel good. I even bought some bigger pants to see if that helps and nope.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
45 XD is fairly large gun to get comfortable with. I carry a S&W MP9 Shield in a galco leather IWB. i normally wear 32 waist pants but trying to carry and wear those were too tight. upped to a 34 and carry the on my right side, above the hip towards my back is the most comfortable and wear a belt. you may have a hard time keeping the handle from "showing" with the XD in that spot though. i have not tried a larger gun there

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I am concealing an XDs, not and XD. I have a M&P Shield in .40 but like the .45 XDs better for some reason, it just feels better in my hand. I got some 34" pants and that helped a lot. I have a XDm .40 and there's no way I'd try to conceal it, it's to large and heavy and it's the compact model.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Look at appendix carry.. I carry a full size glock 19 and full size mag in appendix and I'm a thinner guy.. 32" waist.. It's comfortable for me..

Trexarms sidecar kydex holster.. I'll post pics if you want em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I only carry ITWB. I wear 36 or 38 inch waist depending on what brand. I have two crossbreed super tucks and keep them at approximately 430 position. I carry an EMP (40 call 1911) or a glock 23.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Look at appendix carry.. I carry a full size glock 19 and full size mag in appendix and I'm a thinner guy.. 32" waist.. It's comfortable for me..

Trexarms sidecar kydex holster.. I'll post pics if you want em

That'd be nice if you could post some pics. I have to go to the bank everyday to take the deposit for our store when I get off work here at the machine shop. I carry anyway and have been carrying in the holster that came with the XDs on the outside for years. Our bank recently removed their no firearm sticker from the window and I don't want my gun printing thru my shirt when I go in there and I don't want to reach for my phone and someone in the bank see my gun hanging on my side and think something is fixin to happen. I want concealed to be concealed, that's the whole point of having it concealed, lol. I also don't want to spend $60+ on a holster and it not be comfortable.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I carry with my Kholster IWB in winter, but otherwise I use a Smart Carry. I love it, and so far I haven't shot my dick off. Lmao!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
My appendix rig... One thing I really like about it is the ability to carry and access while driving comfortably.. I just drove 2,000 miles round trip and literally only took my holster off when i was sleeping In in the hotel..

Keep in mind I don't have a belt on in these pics because I don't wear a belt at work and I just threw the holster ok for pics. I can conceal in just a t shirt..

428a4693f9d81f33a4d64f27ec7cc17b.jpg

72458872011086485ae4dee98f95b94f.jpg

f5f88c457f7b86f09bdb4ca0439ecbb9.jpg

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Thanks Corbin. What's that tab on the right side of the holster for with the 2 screws holding it on? I like the idea of an extra mag & being concealed, I usually carry 2 extra mags on the left side, one full of hollow points and one full of rat shot for snakes in the summer time.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I carry a kydex IWB and love it. It's actually built by a small company called Williams gun works. I have a OWB on the way from them currently also.

I tried a bianchi leather one and couldn't stand it.

I carry a glock 26 right side on my hip or just off to the rear.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks Corbin. What's that tab on the right side of the holster for with the 2 screws holding it on? I like the idea of an extra mag & being concealed, I usually carry 2 extra mags on the left side, one full of hollow points and one full of rat shot for snakes in the summer time.

It's their "raptor claw" it helps conceal the firearm by adding in a bit of a angle..

This is my favorite holster I've ever had.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I am concealing an XDs, not and XD. I have a M&P Shield in .40 but like the .45 XDs better for some reason, it just feels better in my hand. I got some 34" pants and that helped a lot. I have a XDm .40 and there's no way I'd try to conceal it, it's to large and heavy and it's the compact model.

ah for some reason i completely missed the "s" lol. i shot both the XDs and the shield before i bought. i didnt like the grips on the XDs, tore up my hands after a day of shooting and mind you, these aint no desk hands :roflmao: :D

see how it feels after a day or two in that position. i tilt mine forward about 10-15* and never notice its there most of the day. only time it bugs me is if my belt is too tight.

i have an xds for my carry gun. I use an alien gear holster.

i have an alien gear holster as well for my shield. im too small to make it bend around my side without digging into me. its a nice appenix carry or back carry IWB when i have to dress up nice. hard to beat the price too. they are a bit tough till you break them in.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Radom pic to get my midsection off tapatalk
7d7d77ac100585687d60b436244b927f.jpg

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I have a crossbreed supertuck iwb for my shield. It sits about 4:30, think it's comfortable. I've had my holster since before these other cheaper options became popular. I've tried the appendix carry, and maybe I wear my pants lower than some, but when I sit or crouch it feels like I'm getting stabbed.