LLY: coming out of the closest.

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Would EFI Live have solved this problem. I am wanting to upgrade to a 6spd Allison if I ever need a tranny in my 05. BTW friggin sweet to hear whats happening in the bush.

i have EFI LIVE. running a Dsp 5 switch. very interested to hear how EFILive could have solved the problem without getting a 5 sp valve body.

rkhodges21

Jan 10, 2012
Hopkinsville,KY
i have EFI LIVE. running a Dsp 5 switch. very interested to hear how EFILive could have solved the problem without getting a 5 sp valve body.

I know that there is a company out there that will send you a 6spd valvebody for ur 5spd tranny and they send an ecm or tcm flash or something that will make the computer accept it. (sorry I can't be more technical about it:rofl:). If this company can do it then I am sure a good tuner can help you set it up on your own. Maybe somebody knows the name of the company. I even had an Allison guy tell me before I thought about this that all it was was a valvebody switch and a computer upgrade.

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia

rkhodges21

Jan 10, 2012
Hopkinsville,KY
cool!!! but i already have a 6 sp trans, but an early LLY motor (5 sp). would have to ring suncoast cause the way its worded doesnt quite sound its for me. but will investigate it.. thanks!:D

I am in no way an expert but efi live can do some pretty amazing stuff so I would think it could reflash an ecm and tcm from two different year models and make them mesh. But I would have to say you will wanna call in the big guns on that. Maybe one day I will be proficient enough to help you. First I have to buy a V2 lol

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
cool!!! but i already have a 6 sp trans, but an early LLY motor (5 sp). would have to ring suncoast cause the way its worded doesnt quite sound its for me. but will investigate it.. thanks!:D

Call Guy at SoCalDiesel 661 775 5620 and discuss a 6 speed option for your truck.

EFI will not do the conversion.

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Call Guy at SoCalDiesel 661 775 5620 and discuss a 6 speed option for your truck.

EFI will not do the conversion.
ok thanks mike may give him a ring tomorrow. finally got onto a Tech2 and the trans is now relearning the shifts. going off camping on Wed for 5 days so will report back how the trans is going.. it should super hopefully. but will still ring guy to see if his valve body is an option for me.
thanks for the comments guys.. will post a pic of what maybe interests u most, is the motor in it.

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
rang late and Guy didnt pick up.. will try again tomorrow.

polished up the pipe work:D
e204cd43.jpg

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
am I the only one who thinks its kind of funny that this thread entitled "coming out of the closet" has almost 1,250 views, but only 37 responses.