LLY: coming out of the closest.

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
well it seems there are quite a few Aussies lurking here.. i have a LLY and allsion coming my way soon for a transplant into a Nissan Patrol GU4. and cant wait to have 3x the hp and torque!!

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
well i thought i might update this a little.. the motor and trans are in.. a few teething problems but otheriwse bloody impressed with these motor trans combo :D:D:D:woott::woott::woott: thanks heath!!!
iphonebackup1-11046.jpg

iphonebackup1-11043.jpg

iphonebackup1-11031.jpg

iphonebackup1-11025.jpg

looks factory to me!!
IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Very cool! You Aussies are the Transplant Kings. :thumb:

Where did you get the Intercooler and T-case adapter? What problems did you run into during your build?

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Very cool! You Aussies are the Transplant Kings. :thumb:

Where did you get the Intercooler and T-case adapter? What problems did you run into during your build?

thanks very much guys.. but the praise should go to heath as he done the install.
Heath makes up the right hand drop adaptor and the intercooler is a ARE coolers. aussie made.
since we didnt body lift it the tunnel needed stretching to fit the allison.
the exhaust is a bit of an issue too but managed to run that down the back.

Sweet looks killer and I but you love the More Power lol :thumb::thumb:

Also good call on getting 8 tires with it you will need them.

Sure do!! it nuts!!! i have a DSP 5 on it too:D:D
the daily driver now sits in the shed and i drive this every where:thumb::thumb:

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Any upgrades to the trans?

Also yes Heath does some killer work.

unfortunately this auto has cost me a pack!. the motor was purchased separately to the trans. trans was 6 sp and motor was an early 05. and an 05 motor doesnt like talking to a 6 sp from what i was told. so heath had to get a 5 sp valve body for it and TCM.
then threw a mike L convertor and stage 3 kit at it to handle the big tunes.:thumb:

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
unfortunately this auto has cost me a pack!. the motor was purchased separately to the trans. trans was 6 sp and motor was an early 05. and an 05 motor doesnt like talking to a 6 sp from what i was told. so heath had to get a 5 sp valve body for it and TCM.
then threw a mike L convertor and stage 3 kit at it to handle the big tunes.:thumb:

I see, ya the 6 speeds don't work with the older LLY's and LB7's. But in the end you have a built 6speed with a 5speed valve body so you are good to go have fun lol.

Remember we want photos of it off-roading..

ta mate! very stable at $1.48 per litre.

Not to as far off of what we pay here in Canada as I would have thought. I just filled up at $1.249/L and your $1.48 AUD = $1.55 CAN

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
3rd best part besides the engine and trans. is the battery:thumb:

You have one heck of a stout 5-speed now. That is the exact trans. I was going put in my truck before I stumbled onto Simon's 5-speed out of Abby.

Very cool swap!

VinceGU05

duramax lover downunder
May 20, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
3rd best part besides the engine and trans. is the battery:thumb:

You have one heck of a stout 5-speed now. That is the exact trans. I was going put in my truck before I stumbled onto Simon's 5-speed out of Abby.

Very cool swap!

thanks yeah heard they were a great battery so slung one in.

tyres.jpg

rkhodges21

Jan 10, 2012
Hopkinsville,KY
I see, ya the 6 speeds don't work with the older LLY's and LB7's. But in the end you have a built 6speed with a 5speed valve body so you are good to go have fun lol.

Remember we want photos of it off-roading..

Would EFI Live have solved this problem. I am wanting to upgrade to a 6spd Allison if I ever need a tranny in my 05. BTW friggin sweet to hear whats happening in the bush.