clutch kits and tc patc or red eagle

givmiabrke

Oct 9, 2009
which clutch kit patc offers all alto power paks for c1 -c5 with complete seals and pistons 1014.00 any one use this ? and what about straight alto red eagle kit? would the raybestos super paks for c 1,3,4,5 and z pak for c2 work as well? and what mods would have to be done if any to make these work? if using z pak could cover be trurned to add another clutch? and on the 5 speed in 01 can a six speed drum be used to fix apply problem ... off center... can the six speed power paks be used in a 5 speed? looks like more mods to them ... what mods will help c3 from burning up ? have a builder trans ,,,it only has c3 cooked rest looks like new!!! have torn down cleaned modified valve body... and rest of trans go valves as well, as lock up valve that did not come in the kit plan on using it with orange spring.. truck does plowing hauls powerchair nothin like havin 325#over the axel for traction and i do like the more aggressive efi tunes ... would like a ball bearing turbo upgrade as well love the sound and figure they are quicker on spool up! however i also plan lift pump and cp3 mod as well !might run it down the track a few times but i do not haul or tow anything huge 5000 pund camper.. and tc suggestions planning single billet cover, low stall, billet hub figur it should hold with lock up valve .. also plasnning line pressure mod from sun coast! shim! anyone here have kits?

givmiabrke

Oct 9, 2009
figured that this was a site for help /..maybe i was wrong?? its all cluches, clearances, and applied pressures to hold the clutches right? the transgo kit modifies most of the pressures and have added right valves for my app or so i think... and clutches either come form alto the red eagles... raybestos offers a z pak for c2 ..and super paks for the c1 c3 c4 and borg warner offers i believe stockers and high energy frictions ...not looking for love ... seeking knowledge not just a bunch of bs from som one who says its all from sun coast or ppe .. or who ever else inflated a kit that they all are using clutches from one or all of the listed above alto , raybestos, and borg warner have been used by the racers i have seen and talked to... different when you can look someone in the eye to see if they are full of it!! any one really know in here? step up!! i am dis abled on a very tight budget! and i will build this to say i did it!! you don't know nothin about me!coming from guys who have all of their abilities you don't know what it is like to suffer from pain 24-7 for 14 years.. will seek local help then!!!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
figured that this was a site for help /..maybe i was wrong?? its all cluches, clearances, and applied pressures to hold the clutches right? the transgo kit modifies most of the pressures and have added right valves for my app or so i think... and clutches either come form alto the red eagles... raybestos offers a z pak for c2 ..and super paks for the c1 c3 c4 and borg warner offers i believe stockers and high energy frictions ...not looking for love ... seeking knowledge not just a bunch of bs from som one who says its all from sun coast or ppe .. or who ever else inflated a kit that they all are using clutches from one or all of the listed above alto , raybestos, and borg warner have been used by the racers i have seen and talked to... different when you can look someone in the eye to see if they are full of it!! any one really know in here? step up!! i am dis abled on a very tight budget! and i will build this to say i did it!! you don't know nothin about me!coming from guys who have all of their abilities you don't know what it is like to suffer from pain 24-7 for 14 years.. will seek local help then!!!

You need to reorganize your sentances so its easier to understand what kind of help your looking for.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
With all due respect fella, don't get your panties in a bunch. I think the guys here would be happy to help you out if you practiced patience and didn't run on and on. One guy said one question at a time. Rambling doesn't clarify anything, it only makes things more confusing.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
All you would probably need is a Suncoast 3 kit. You can piece a kit together yourself by getting Alto power packs for c1-c4 Then get the Transgo shift kit and a hot rod lockup valve. That is for the converter lockup with the orange spring you are talking about. That would be plenty for what you are doing. Plenty for what I did also. held 600-650hp on these exact mods for 80k miles.
Get an ATSG manual, big snap ring pliers, and assortment of screw drivers and a way to press the rotating drum apart. a 4" piece of exhaust tube with a notch in it and a press will work.
Hope this helps.

givmiabrke

Oct 9, 2009
thanks ...did the tool thing with pvc pipe,all thread and angle iron... modified old 4x4 hub tool for rear removal. sorry i did not mean to confuse anyone by asking more than one question?? panties are never twisted!! live a disabled life ... think you're troubles are bad ??? i'd tell you not to blow a gasket they are not permanent!!! figured that who ever responded would know waht a question mark is? that is the question ...and why only one at a time? i was only wishing for replys from experienced builders not riff raff who think they know!! thanks again to those who offer help!!! thanks righteyeblind!!

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
for a turbo get a htt 366. should be good for all the stuff you plan to put your truck through. as for a tc .....everybody seems to be going with precisions ml converter

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Hey righteyeblind apparently I'm a riffraff poser... Maybe you should find someone else with some skills to help you out :D

Givmiabrke, I counted no less than 9 questions, I think, in your first post. If you want some help ask a question or two, you can always ask more as you get the answers you want.

Last edited:

givmiabrke

Oct 9, 2009
riff raff

whatever ! burn down .. you have offered no advice on any of the nine questions and they all are about the allison in an 01 if you don,t know then keep the remarks to a minimum... hence riff raff say something usefull and nice or keep it zipped up! the questions are simple and basic respond to one or all ... who cares lets not grade the papers on engish grammar here this is duramaxm forum and i,m in the tranny place right ? asking tranny questions help or not ...make a choice to help some one or not! and be nice !!!it's ok not to know !! some one else does thats why you ask!! i am disabled not dumb and god is watching!!

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Who gives a chit if your disabled, what the hell does that have to do with anything?

There, that's one question... Now you try. :thumb:

Oh, pretty sure God has something better to be doing then paying attention to this thread.

But your correct I have nothing to add, so I'll move along.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Givmiabrke, I'll start by saying, it is a little difficult to follow your posts when your use of punctuation and grammar is so poor. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

I have no personal experience with the PATC parts, but I have heard of some clearance issues with them. As far as I know, they are basic Alto power packs, which I have some experience with, and they do have problems with correct clutch pack clearance.

I have never used any clutches from Raybestos.

You can use a 6 speed front rotating drum in a 5 speed to get the new designed apply pistons. You cannot use a 6 speed C1/C2 clutch pack in a 5 speed front drum without running into clearance issues.

C3s can be helped with the Transgo trim valves and lockup valve as well as a shim or new spring for the pressure valve. A set of upgraded clutches will help as well.

If you don't run a lift pump, you won't really gain anything from an upgraded turbo.

Don't waste your money on a single disc torque converter. I don't know of anyone making a quality converter that still makes a single disc billet.

I would really suggest you call an experienced reputable transmission builder/shop to get your parts from. Not only will your parts all be guaranteed to work together with your setup, you will also have excellent tech support should you run into any problems with your build.

I would suggest Mike L., Big Dipper, or SunCoast. Any of those 3 have been in the business of building Allisons for a long time and know what it takes to make them work right. They also provide excellent customer support.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
whatever ! burn down .. you have offered no advice on any of the nine questions and they all are about the allison in an 01 if you don,t know then keep the remarks to a minimum... hence riff raff say something usefull and nice or keep it zipped up! the questions are simple and basic respond to one or all ... who cares lets not grade the papers on engish grammar here this is duramaxm forum and i,m in the tranny place right ? asking tranny questions help or not ...make a choice to help some one or not! and be nice !!!it's ok not to know !! some one else does thats why you ask!! i am disabled not dumb and god is watching!!

I don't give a rats ass if you are disabled. You are a Dick. You are trying to mix and match shit that will not work. I have a disabled son and I don't cry about it. I take care of him and that's my business and not anyone elses.
Your attitude sucks. I, nor anyone else here made you disabled so why play this card on us? Go buy your shit anywhere you want and make it work as best you can. I don't give a ---k.
I also suggest to tone down your bullshit or I will make you disappear.
You call us names and you talk about looking straight in the eye. Come look into my eyes asshole. Most guys here have built their own transmissions with help from guys like me and others and they know what it takes and what is involved. Don't call them names.
Now, apologize or GTFO.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I don't give a rats ass if you are disabled. You are a Dick. You are trying to mix and match shit that will not work. I have a disabled son and I don't cry about it. I take care of him and that's my business and not anyone elses.
Your attitude sucks. I, nor anyone else here made you disabled so why play this card on us? Go buy your shit anywhere you want and make it work as best you can. I don't give a ---k.
I also suggest to tone down your bullshit or I will make you disappear.
You call us names and you talk about looking straight in the eye. Come look into my eyes asshole. Most guys here have built their own transmissions with help from guys like me and others and they know what it takes and what is involved. Don't call them names.
Now, apologize or GTFO.

send him a bully dog trim valve. he should be good to go then :D

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
which clutch kit patc offers all alto power paks for c1 -c5 with complete seals and pistons 1014.00 any one use this ? and what about straight alto red eagle kit? would the raybestos super paks for c 1,3,4,5 and z pak for c2 work as well? and what mods would have to be done if any to make these work? if using z pak could cover be trurned to add another clutch? and on the 5 speed in 01 can a six speed drum be used to fix apply problem ... off center... can the six speed power paks be used in a 5 speed? looks like more mods to them ... what mods will help c3 from burning up ? have a builder trans ,,,it only has c3 cooked rest looks like new!!! have torn down cleaned modified valve body... and rest of trans go valves as well, as lock up valve that did not come in the kit plan on using it with orange spring.. truck does plowing hauls powerchair nothin like havin 325#over the axel for traction and i do like the more aggressive efi tunes ... would like a ball bearing turbo upgrade as well love the sound and figure they are quicker on spool up! however i also plan lift pump and cp3 mod as well !might run it down the track a few times but i do not haul or tow anything huge 5000 pund camper.. and tc suggestions planning single billet cover, low stall, billet hub figur it should hold with lock up valve .. also plasnning line pressure mod from sun coast! shim! anyone here have kits?

TL;DR. (too long; didnt read)

seriously. I (along with everyone else in this thread) would have been happy to help out and provide any advice I could, but my eyes (and brain) started to hurt after reading the first three lines. You are not going to get much help from anyone if they are too frustrated to even try to make sense out of how you write/ask a question.

You say "oh, this isnt a grammar/spelling lesson". On the internet forums, YES IT IS. (to some extent) I find it obnoxious as all hell when someone posts run-on sentences that dont make any sense. Everyone on these forums has a drivers license, so everyone is at least 16. A friggin 16 year old should be able to write better than that. Even by the 8th grade, everyone in the world knows how to form proper sentence structure so that they can be understood by another human being. HOW HARD IS IT to form a proper sentence? If your excuse is you're lazy and it takes too long to write "PROPERLY", guess what, the time you "saved" by writing like a 5 year old was wasted because you had to re-post 3 more times before people could understand you.

Please just do me a favor and read your own post out loud to a friend (word for word, exactly as you typed it), or your wife, or whoever...and let me know if they completely understood you, or if they looked at you crosseyed, as if they were trying to understand a foreigner who had about 30 minutes of experience with the English language

I 100% honestly dont mean to be condescending, but I see some of these guys write the way they do on the forums and find it an absolute miracle that they can hold down a job in the real world that is more complicated than flipping burgers.

No, we arent all English/grammar teachers and its not like we want you to write as if its a college thesis, but if you take a little pride in the way you compose yourself online, maybe people will be more patient and not treat you as if you were a 5 year old.

Again, im not trying to be an ass, but dont get all bent out of shape when you write like that, and then wonder why no one wants to take the time to help you.

Ben

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Wow, I have been disabled for 16 years with constant pain. I never knew it was a free pass to be an asshole :spit::rofl:

Now that I know though...look out :thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Wow, I have been disabled for 16 years with constant pain. I never knew it was a free pass to be an asshole :spit::rofl:

Now that I know though...look out :thumb:
Wait, so all this time you haven't been acting like an asshole? :scare: