Choosing a Suncoast Converter 1056 vs 1058

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I take it you can't quite get full spool with the ml on your setup? Twinned correct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Suncoast 1058 converter is slightly looser than the ML converters. It has been one of my favorite choices since Ron at SC built it and I tested it for him. Another great converter is the Goerend R which will allow the turbo to spool very fast and couple hard after launch. I call the R converter a mini K.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
What do you think would be better mike? Or is it one of those flip a coin, you can't go wrong

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I take it you can't quite get full spool with the ml on your setup? Twinned correct?

It's not a matter of get full spool, it's about how quick you can spool. The tighter converter is great with a stock turbo but on the bitter turbos you want something a little looser to help get some RPM/airflow before loading the truck.

Mike will get you going, listen to his advice.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I understand that. I was curious between the SC 1058 and the Goerend R as far as which would be better with a 366 in a 66/80 .91 on the t4 footprint with stock fuel

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Alright thanks mike I'll add that to the list of parts I've got to purchase this week from SC

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You probably would like the 55 better in that application unless you are towing much. Then go with the 58.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You probably would like the 55 better in that application unless you are towing much. Then go with the 58.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

B Howard"s truck is running 800+ hp in his CCLB and I installed a 1055 in his truck. He says it tows fine. I'll let Brian talk about it.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Well stock bottom end and fuel. It might see a trailer but odds are probably not. Figure 600hp is safe until I can pay to rebuild if it breaks. Sounds like the 1058 is the winner

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Well im going to try and get all my ducks lined out tonight so I can get ahold of Suncoast in the morning and get parts coming. Thank you for the help gentlemen

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
B Howard"s truck is running 800+ hp in his CCLB and I installed a 1055 in his truck. He says it tows fine. I'll let Brian talk about it.

I am not saying you can't tow Mike. I have towed 5K with mine just fine. If you are stop and go towing you will see more heat with the 1055.

BowtieClub

Mar 3, 2014
The QC, N.C.
Suncoast 1058 converter is slightly looser than the ML converters. It has been one of my favorite choices since Ron at SC built it and I tested it for him. Another great converter is the Goerend R which will allow the turbo to spool very fast and couple hard after launch. I call the R converter a mini K.

So Mike, what you're saying is the Goerend R has a higher stall but couples better than the 1058? There's not much up their website, so can we just get it from you (Speaking of, when's your kit coming out???)? What do you think of their PTO covers?

Sorry for all the Q's. Thanks!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
So Mike, what you're saying is the Goerend R has a higher stall but couples better than the 1058? There's not much up their website, so can we just get it from you (Speaking of, when's your kit coming out???)? What do you think of their PTO covers?

Sorry for all the Q's. Thanks!
First of all, Dave has not driven any of theses converters that were built for me. He depends on my feedback. Yes I sell these converters as I developed them.
My kit is being tested right now. We will see how good it is next weekend in Bakersfield.
The Goerend side covers help quite a bit. I got Dave started on this when I did some testing. I gave him my info and he did the rest. Hats off to him for building this.

BowtieClub

Mar 3, 2014
The QC, N.C.
First of all, Dave has not driven any of theses converters that were built for me. He depends on my feedback. Yes I sell these converters as I developed them.
My kit is being tested right now. We will see how good it is next weekend in Bakersfield.
The Goerend side covers help quite a bit. I got Dave started on this when I did some testing. I gave him my info and he did the rest. Hats off to him for building this.

Thanks for the info, Mike!:)