Ceramic vs semi metallic pads

1ATony

Jul 2, 2013
I've been running the rotors that we carry here on all of my vehicles. Our rotors are meaty and are made well.

I have an 04 Grand Cherokee that I've warped other rotors on, I commute on the highway everyday, and have gotten on the brakes very hard multiple times (due to people cutting me off). I'm yet to warp a set of our 1A Auto rotors.

We're also adding in a ton of slotted/cross drilled rotors to our site. If you don't see a set of rotors on our website for your application, shoot me a PM and I'll see if my purchasing guys can get them.

Tony

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Little update...

This afternoon I switched back to ceramic pads on all 4. Those semi metallics worked good but they dusted an insane amount. Drove me crazy. About ruined the finish on one of my wheels from it. Also if you hit the brakes hard from 100+mph, it'd throw sparks galore from the rotors/pads.

Even with all the dynoing I've done and using my brakes to load the chargers, the pads still look great.

The major dusting and sparking was more than enough to turn me away from them.

I went with regular napa ceramics in the rear and premium ceramics up front. The brakes work fine, but I can tell the ceramics don't have the grab the semi metallics had.
What brand did you go with? Just looked at my rears since I have it apart. The pads are bad and cracked like yours. I'm wanting to use ceramic to keep the dust to a minimum. Just curious what brand you used.
Thanks
Greg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk