can we get a marine section

keith2500hd

MOTORKILLER
Jul 20, 2008
Burlington,iowa
maybe, transplant or alternate use from factory install. i know engines have been put in airboats, boats and cars/trucks/tractors, would be nice to have single section.

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
How about "Dmax swaps"

Like keith said, for guys doing boats or older Chevy trucks or cars. Or really anything that doesn't involve an 01+ GM truck.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Hmmm...

My experience with websites has been that unless an area has at least one post a day, few will read it. People will post questions, and there will be no answers, since those who have answers don't see the question.

Too many areas is worse that too few areas as far as reading a board goes.

But there has been a lot Dmax Repowering going on for a very long time. Cars, trucks, boats, rails, airboats, etc. I'm waiting for someone to put a Dmax in a motorcycle. :D

Casper is now actually a repower, since it has LBZ electronics mixed with LLY electronics.

Let me think about this for a day... I want repowers to be discussed A LOT, but if making a separate area stops folk from reading about repowers, then it would not be wise to separate it from Hard Parts or Tuning.

dmaxx3500

Jul 26, 2009
chicago
ok,can we make it a repower/transplant section,like how people have put dmax's in boats/camaros/hummers,and maybe get more technical as how to do wiring/egr/exhaust and other things nobody knows

thanks ,just some thoughts

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
Well I can see both sides here. Lots of us have boats so we can use it to talk about boats but on the other hand this isnt a boat forum and I highly doubt there are more than 2 people on here with duramax powered boats.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
It would not be called a marine forum. More like:

Repower/Transplant/Hybrid

While a number of people are saying they would read that area, the question is: Who would post tech in the area? The main site I know with a good hybrid area is LS1Tech. But people are putting the LSx series in all kinds of cars/trucks/boats and I don't know what else so there are a lot of people that contribute to in the info. How many are doing transplants here?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Well if its added I will add the boat parts to my website from PPE to do the repower in cars trucks and boats. They have some cool parts out and coming out.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
I'm all for a repower/transplant section. I'm hoping to start a project around fall/early winter. I think it would be good to have a dedicated section to exchange ideas, information, and tech specifically related to shoving a Dmax in something that never came with it.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
OK I've added a Repower / Transplant area just under Hard Parts. I'm going to give it 2 or 3 months. If the area is not being used whatever posts are in there will be moved and I'll close it down. So it's up to you guys.