Allison 5sp: Busted bellhousing WTF?!?!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Guess I'll just hafta see what we come up with on whether the cover has to be replaced or not... if so, I'm thinking I might do my absolute best to tear down my LBZ at the same time and at least get a little bit better rods in the LB7 and strap a little more charger on it if I can find something cheap enough and make up a buyable excuse for the wife. :angel:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Guess I'll just hafta see what we come up with on whether the cover has to be replaced or not... if so, I'm thinking I might do my absolute best to tear down my LBZ at the same time and at least get a little bit better rods in the LB7 and strap a little more charger on it if I can find something cheap enough and make up a buyable excuse for the wife. :angel:
Just make sure you also replace the rod bolts there one time use also. and the main bolts if you do that Mitch.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
well update.

Two chunks are missing. I know one is the one I had seen which is an "ear" or location where a bolt is supposed to go. The guy working on it also found that some of the bolts from the bellhousing into the rear cover had been stripped previously and fixed with helicoils and some of them were loose if I understood him correctly.

It's probably not the best but I'm tired of messing with this truck right now and am leaning towards having him just put it back together as-is and either using this truck as a donor for the 83 (in which this would get rebuilt at the time of conv. and could be fixed appropraitely then) and getting a cheap daily driver car for now or just getting rid of it all together and trying my luck with a new (to me) truck.

Thanks for the help and guidance and opinions guys. I really appreciate it.

C-ya

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
well update.

Two chunks are missing. I know one is the one I had seen which is an "ear" or location where a bolt is supposed to go. The guy working on it also found that some of the bolts from the bellhousing into the rear cover had been stripped previously and fixed with helicoils and some of them were loose if I understood him correctly.

It's probably not the best but I'm tired of messing with this truck right now and am leaning towards having him just put it back together as-is and either using this truck as a donor for the 83 (in which this would get rebuilt at the time of conv. and could be fixed appropraitely then) and getting a cheap daily driver car for now or just getting rid of it all together and trying my luck with a new (to me) truck.

Thanks for the help and guidance and opinions guys. I really appreciate it.

C-ya

Mitch, I wouldn't sell the truck to someone else with a shady repair.JMHO. I know it sucks having to work on vehicles all the time. Fix it up right. Hope you find the problem.

If there is anything I can help with, let me know.

Wolf