Built motor break in

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Well she's up and running:) The motor fired right up, with no leaks so far;) Seems to drive fine, I have been running around on a mid 400WHP tune. I want to say I put about 30 miles on it today with mixed driving mostly 1/2 throttle or so with 1 WOT to 4th gear:angel: The only thing I dont like is the sound of the stack, it sounds like a old powerstroke or something now:( I would assume it a combination of going from the stock variable vane turbo to a wastegated turbo and also the bigger down pipe:confused:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The only thing I dont like is the sound of the stack, it sounds like a old powerstroke or something now:( I would assume it a combination of going from the stock variable vane turbo to a wastegated turbo and also the bigger down pipe:confused:

Time to bring it down here for some twins. ;)

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
man, what is up with everyone liking the sound of less paower around here :D:hug:
glad you got it up and going again so soon, good luck on saturday to you and Ben and Tony. i wish i was home to be there.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Time to bring it down here for some twins. ;)

Trust me, I am working on it;) I wish I could have a set for this saturday at Lebanon Valley, but instead I am going to have a built motor with a little turbo and stock CP3:( I did buy a (New) second CP3 and hopefully by the end of the month I should have the extra $$ to buy the PPE dual fueler kit, then the BIG turbo shortly after:D

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
jason dont forget Pat got one of those little turbos into the 11's :thumb:

Yeah, but not lifted with a stock LLY CP3;) Hopefully if the weather holds I will get a run or 2 down the track this saturday. Im thinking mid to high 12's as is since it was running high 12's last year on the stock turbo no lift.. In another month or two the real fun should begin:D

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Yeah, but not lifted with a stock LLY CP3;) Hopefully if the weather holds I will get a run or 2 down the track this saturday. Im thinking mid to high 12's as is since it was running high 12's last year on the stock turbo no lift.. In another month or two the real fun should begin:D

I was really hoping to see your truck and maybe even line up next to it:eek: this wekend at the track but looks like the weather is going to suck!! Hopefully theres a rain date...

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Rain Date is sunday, but they (The track) seem pretty confident they will be racing saturday as planned. I know last year the weather was kinda sh!tty aswell, but they did a good job keping the track dry and it was a good day.. From the sounds of it there are going to be quite a few fast trucks there this year, not mine:rolleyes: but I am pretty sure it wont be the slowest either;):D

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Ok well my fingers are crossed. I have my truck stripped down and ready to rock so I hope it goes down. I want to get my 12 second slip before I get some twins;). I know your truck will be far from the slowest there haha

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
How did you prime the engine before start, or did you just fill the filter and call it good?

Just prime it like you normally would after changing a fuel filter....open the bleeder, pump the primer until fuel comes out, close bleeder, pump some more...

Dont ever "pre-fill" the filter because then you are just putting dirty/unfiltered fuel directly into the engine without having it first pass through the filter

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I mean the oil, I'll use assembly grease on everything I can. But I don't have acess to the j45299 preoiller. I guess I can just get one of these bottle pumps it will do the same thing than the 250+ km oiler, doesn't look like it does anything special a pump at autozone cant do.
mercedesreardifffluid45.JPG

prefill oil filter, pump a bunch of oil into the oil pressure sensor hole until oil seeps out of the turbo oil line, than fill the oil pan till it reads full?
Or would just prefilling the filter be enough, surely it cant take too long to get oil flowing everywhere

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I let mine crank cut fuel.off for bout 10-20secs then started it mines doing good 36k and counting on a rebuild

x2. Just crank it for a while with the EDU relay pulled.

You can monitor oil pressure while cranking with EFILive or a Tech 2. The instrument cluster will not show any oil pressure (or anything else for that matter) while cranking because it powers down when the key is turned to start.